Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

Course to get job in Electronics field

Date: 22 Mar 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I am studying in final semester ECE branch. I want help in choosing the course to get a good job. I am not good in coding. I am interested in circuits. Should I go for VLSI or Networking(CCNA) or any other course? Which course will be good for girls to get job in Electronics?
Awaiting advice.

Want to make a career in Electronics field? wondering which courses to opt for? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    23 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The B.Tech degree in ECE is a good course in itself. The author should try to get a decent job on the strength of her graduate degree in engineering. A graduate can appear in top competitive examinations like civil services examinations, CAT and such other competitive entrance examinations for admission in top notch management programs and other lucrative career options like banking services etc. This applies in case the author is not interested in pursuing career in technical fields. However it should be noted that even pursuing higher courses in technical field is not going to make a dramatic change in career prospects, in case only average performance is there. Best and better jobs are reserved for those who are outstanding. Such jobs are not available merely on the basis of possessing any degree. The author will have to herself decide as to in which stream she is willing to work extra hard for achieving outstanding capability. From this point of view all courses are alike.

Author: Karthikeyan    25 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I appreciate your intention to choose your core field job rather than normal IT jobs which most of the students use to prefer. There are lot of courses offered by institutions which help you to secure a good job in electronics field. Please find below is my answers to your questions I hope it will help you to choose good course for your future.

Should I go for VLSI or Networking(CCNA) or any other course?
VLSI is one of the main course use to choose by electronics students. It will be easy for you to complete the course as your good in circuits. I suggest you not to choose Networking as it may push you in IT field. Below are some of the other courses which would be helpful for a ECE student.

1. Embedded Systems
2. Robotics courses
3 Digital Signal Processing
4. Real time Distributed Systems
5. PCB Designing
6. Telecom and Wireless course

There are lot of opportunities in telecommunication sector which will help you to secure a good job.

Which course will be good for girls to get job in Electronics?
There is no specific course which are good for girls. All the courses and jobs will be easy for girls to go through. I suggest you not to worry much about your gender and concentrate on your course. There are many women who are in respectable position in top companies.

Author: [Anonymous]    26 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You will be having good opportunities even after completion of your current degree. You only need to be focused and open.
Prepare well and perform well.
Once you get into your professional life, you can improve your skills by doing some related short term courses.
Before getting any professional direction, I would not suggest you to join any other course.
Being fresher, get a decent job and then improve your profile by adding other courses.

Author: Mahesh    26 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

You have four career degrees in engineering for the electronics career.

1. Electronics Engg.
2. Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.
3. Instrumentation Engg.
4. Electrical Engg.

These four degrees can be helpful for you to get the education needed for the career in the electronics industry. Once you finish one of these you have options such as -

1. Automation Engineering
2. Robotics
3. Hardware Manufacturing
4. Embedded Systems
5. Signal Processing
6. Microelectronics Manufacturing

These are some of the most common ways anyone can get into the course. You can find that most of the electronics career often require you to work a bit harder. Compared to other careers the electronics industry is fast moving. So the financial and the work options are more in this industry.