Which of State or CBSE syllabus is best for appearing in AIPMT

Date: 23 Mar 2016   Posted By: Muhammed Ajmal     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

Now I am waiting for CBSE class 10 public exam results. In future I would like to be a Pediatrician. To achieve my goal I want to study MBBS. Which of the state syllabus or CBSE syllabus should I opt for higher secondary classes to get into medicine? Experts: do guide.

Wondering which is better: State or CBSE for opting for medicine? Find responses from exerts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    26 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion admission to medical course is not dependent on the syllabus of any state board or CBSE. Instead the same is based on clearing competitive entrance examinations like AIPMT, AFMC-PMT, AIIMS-MBBS etc. For clearing such competitive examinations, fundamentals of the subjects should be clear to the student which can be achieved easily by securing admission in the best possible college at 10+2 stage where outstanding teachers are available for clearing the concepts. Also proper coaching / guidance is required for preparation for competitive examination.

Author: Adarsh kumar    27 Mar 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

As per my experience for preparing for entrance exams state syllabus is considered best compared to CBSE. It is because the CBSE syllabus of class 11th and 12th is quite tough and time taking compared to the state syllabus which is easy and short.

There are dedicated private institutes which give coaching for entrance exams along with state syllabus portion. State syllabus makes their target easier as the student gets loads of time to concentrate on entrance exam portion.

When it comes to CBSE there are hardly any institutes that give coaching along with the regular syllabus as CBSE syllabus itself is time taking. This is why most CBSE schools do not have coaching facility.

If you choose CBSE syllabus then it is recommended that you drop a year for studying exclusively for entrance exams. This is practised by majority of CBSE students for cracking various entrance exams.

I reiterate that choosing state syllabus over CBSE syllabus would be the best for cracking entrance exams at one go.