Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Want combination of two words Aruna and Gorakshanath

Date: 26 Mar 2016    Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

I want to name my house with my mother's and father's name: Aruna and Gorakshanath respectively. Can you give some meaningful words from these two names in Marathi?
Awaiting suggestions from experts.

Searching for Marathi combination of two names? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    28 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Abbreviation or fusion of two distinct names may form some new word or a phrase, but the same will defeat the objective of the author as each and everybody will have to explained its meaning. On first glance only the author and the family members who have already been explained about the new word/phrase will be knowing the meaning and intention of the author. However for his own self satisfaction he may choose any word of his choice. In my opinion simply writing the full name of the parents on the name plate will be best.

Author: Timmappa Kamat    28 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I do not think it would serve any purpose if you combine the names to arrive at new name. Even if you make a meaningful name from the amalgamation of those names you mentioned, it would not be the same as naming the house in the parents' name.
My suggestion would be to name your hose in your mother's name. You can add up other suffixes like Nilaya or Nivas. If you want to have your father's name as well, you can do so by naming a part of your house in his name. Like they name the hall in memory of somebody in a complex named after someone else.

Author: Monika Kushwaha    30 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Its good to know that you give so much preference and regards to your mother and father. Its a good decision to name your house on their name but its still better to choose a name which could give you even a better meaning and could even serve your purpose.
Still however if you want a combination of these two names I could suggest you some.
1) Arunaaksh which means the one with eyes of sun's glory
2) Goraaruna which means the one having glory with the combined effect of Goddess Parvati and sun.
3) Rakshaaruna which means the one who can provide you safety just like sun provides you safety from darkness.

These are a few names which I could infer. However you can also look out for other better names.