Ask Experts » Computers » Networking »

How to unshare the shared WI-FI connected network in windows 7?

Date: 28 Mar 2016   Posted By: Saravanan     Group: Computers    Category: Networking   

I have connected internet via WI-FI to one common wi-fi connection. In my Windows 7 OS I have installed Kaspersky anti-virus. While opening a webpage, it asked me whether it was a trusted webpage or to block this page. I gave trusted and started to download the documents. Since then the same pop-up menu has appeared often and I gave block option. So I am not able to access that webpage even after uninstalling anti-virus. I have tried in all other browsers option too still getting same error.
The web page is visible in other wifi networks if I give trusted option. How should I access the webpage?
Experts: kindly resolve the issue.

Having a problem opening web pages in Windows 7 in a specific wifi connection? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    29 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

In order to set the network type, you have to go to network sharing properties page. This page holds the information about such public network. And here you can right click on the public network. And from here you can change the properties. Go to location type. You can choose - private. Once you set this then you can restart the machine. Once you restart the system you can find the network types as "Private" type.

After you do this setting you can now find the option for unlocking the page. In order to do that find the path below.

C:/ windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts

Hosts file need to be opened as administrators in Notepad. Here you can find the entry to the blocked page. You have to remove that entry.

Another entry is also stored in your Windows firewall. You have to open the blocked ports and websites address in the list. And from here you can reopen the webpage just fine.

Author: saket kumar    16 Jun 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

"Hello friends, Today i am going to tell you to how we can unshare the share WiFi network." To unshare the share WiFi network you should the use the ad blocker and the network private software.

Saket singh
Everyday learner