Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

Problem in getting job due to spelling mistake in my son class Xth Certificate issued by CBSE Board

Date: 30 Mar 2016   Posted By: Sanjay Kumar     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

My son's name is spelt differently in class Xth and XIIth CBSE Board and BTech certificates. I have some questions regarding this:
1. Will he face any problem in getting jobs in Central Govt., State Govt., PSUs etc.(engineering dept.)
2. Can the name in class Xth certificate be corrected by approaching CBSE Board ?
3. If not, then what can be done to correct the name in class Xth certificate ?
4. Can it be done through an affidavit ? If so then then what will be the content of affidavit ?
5. Whether he will be eligible for getting job in PSUs, Central Govt., State Govt. ( after correction of class Xth certificates by affidavit) ?
Experts: do assist.

Is there a name mismatch in CBSE boards X and XII certificates? Worried whether is difference will hamper getting a government job? Find solutions from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    31 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Guidelines issued by CBSE regarding change in name and correction of spellings etc. in the certificate are as follows -
1. Change in name -In case the changes have been admitted by the court of law and notified in the Government Gazette before the publication of the result of the candidate, applications regarding changes in name or surname of candidates
can be considered by the board.
2. Correction in spellings - Applications can be considered only within one year of the declaration of the results for correction in spellings of candidates or fathers/mother name and surname to make it consistent with the already existing records. Such applications are to be forwarded through the respective head of the institutions.
Thus it can be seen that now it may not be possible for the author to get the spellings corrected in the Xth certificate issued by the CBSE board. Regarding the possible complications in the future in jobs related issues, it will depend on various factors including the extent and nature of variation and attitude of the official entrusted with the verification of the original certificate. Since Xth certificate is required as a supporting document for determination of the date of the birth of any candidate, it is a very important document. The author should consult an experienced legal professional together with all the certificates for professional legal advice before proceeding ahead.

Author: Adarsh kumar    05 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You can make correction in 10th class certificate by requesting the school principal who will instead requeat the board for coreection in name of 10th class certificate. This has to be done within one year of getting class 10 certificate.

If 1 year has already passed then you can apply for an affidavit which states that your child owns both the correct and incorrect names. Hence your problem gets solved here itself.

**Do not make the same mistake again in 12th board or else even the affidavit can be scrapped of.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.