|Author: Kailash Kumar 31 Mar 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Nowadays many women are delaying pregnancy due to several reasons which include- career women are finding it difficult to find time for marriage and child birth and trying to be financially secure before going for a child. Improved medical treatment and prenatal tests are also a reason for the same.
However one should be aware of the following points before going for pregnancy after the age of 35 years -
1. The risk of miscarriage increases.
2. Fertility levels start to drop drastically after 35.
3. The need for c-section increases.
4. Risk of Down Syndrome increases.
5. Health problems of the woman after 35 like hypertension etc.
However following steps may be taken to improve the chances -
1. Maintain a moderate level of physical activity.
2. Take care of diet.
3. Get a pre-conception check up done.
4. Stop taking caffeine, excessive alcohol and drugs.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 31 Mar 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Fertility starts dropping with the advancement of ages among ladies. The best age for conception for them below thirty years. However, with their responsibilities in service and business fronts, pregnancies are being delayed by them. However, there are certain points to be observed in case they want to be conceived. Points are listed below-
1)Ladies interested to have babies at the late age must consult gynaecologists to ascertain their fertility status. Time to time health check - up is required to know the health beings of both mother and the child remaining in the womb.
2) The ladies should not be either diabetic or should suffer from hypertension prior to conception.
3) The thyroid - level should also be checked up in order to avoid any complication in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
4) Care should be taken that they are not anemic at any stage of pregnancy otherwise miscarriage would occur.
5) They should follow balanced diets containing adequate Protiens, Fats and Carbohydrates. Fruits like Oranges, Apples and Pomegranates should also be included.
6) As far as possible, they should avoid stress at all stages during pregnancy.
7) No drugs ( other than the prescription of the Doctor) and Alchol are advisable. There must be minimum intake of caffeine for the better health of the mother and would be child.
8) A daily supplementation of Folic Acid of 400 mcg would be required for the healthy growth of the baby averting birth defect of spinal cord and any neurone defects as a result of deficiency of this Vitamin.
|Author: Mahesh 01 Apr 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
There is nothing wrong with the thought of having child after 30s. Many women do and only thing they need to consider is the health. For example some women may not be having healthy pregnancy after 35. You may want to take a look at both psychological and health side of it.
You may want to first eliminate all the reasons that leads to unhealthy pregnancy. You have to take better diet. You have to get rid of food items that are not good for your or babies health. That being said, you should also take some yoga and mindfulness therapy. You need to also forget about the past and everything that is negative in current situation. And focus on the positive of the future.
It is definitely possible to have a child after 30s. Though the chances are less but you can definitely try. Just focus on improving health at first and then that should take care of the rest.
|Author: Archana Kapoor 21 Apr 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
One of my acquaintance who is also a doctor delivered her second child recently. She is around 35 years of age. So, I think it is not that difficult, but you should consult a doctor if you are facing some complications.
|Author: Christopher Milller 19 Jun 2016 Member Level: Bronze Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
It is very important question. In reality.. my wife is now at 38 years and we have one daughter of 11 years. Now she is pregnant of 7 months. She is almost ok now. I think now we medically well developed. So there is no problem at any stage to conceive after 35 also.