Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

What career should I choose after 12th ??

Date: 30 Mar 2016   Posted By: Ekant Das     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I am going to complete my 12th from NIOS this year in the month of July. But I had a huge gap after 10th board in 2009. Due to family problems I couldn't continue my studies. I have keen interest in IT industry/Computer science engineering but want to choose a career for a good and better job/salary prospects. Can you provide career advice?
Experts: do respond.

Confused about the future? Searching for career related advice? Find guidance from experts on this page.

Author: Navneet    30 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you want to do engineering courses, then here is a details information about computer science engineering. You are not providing the complete details about your12th stream. If you have a 12th from NIOS in Art stream. Then you can do the diploma in computer science engineering. After completing your 3 year diploma in computer science engineering, you are eligible for B.tech.
Eligibility for diploma in computer science engineering.
You should have 10th from the recognized university or board.
You should have good English knowledge.
You should have good communication skills.
After your 3 year diploma in computer science engineering, you are eligible for B.tech.
You can join direct entry or lateral entry for B.tech, if you have a 3 year diploma.
I hope you are now satisfied with my answer. For more details please check the attachment below. Feel free to ask on this site.
Thank you.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    31 Mar 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Success in any stream depends upon your inclination and consistent effort being put in the same direction. Since this is a competitive world and hence to be average in any stream, would not guarantee you a success in the chosen field.
10+2 is the right stage for the career planning and in order to get admission in an a premiur Engineering college like the regional one's, you have to appear in a state - level competitive Examination being conducted every year for the selection of bright candidates in the computer Engineering. The foremost condition of your success lies in your thorough grasp of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics being taught in 10+2 level in your school. A thorough understanding of these subjects would help you to crack the competitive Examination so that you can get an Engineering - seat in computer - engineering. Simulteneously you may appear for the test of IIT, Roorkee etc to enhance your chance for success.
Selection of a renowned Engineering - institute is important owing to availability of campus - interview in such premises. Your ultimate absorption in a fortune IT company would not be a distant dream with your impressive interview with the Employer.
Only a cool planning is essential to accomplish your dream.

Author: Kailash Kumar    31 Mar 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider pursuing Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) course offered by IGNOU. The eligibility criteria for admission in this course is 10+2 with mathematics as a distinct subject. Even students who have not taken mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level, can join the course with condition to register for MTE-03 along with 1st semester of BCA. The minimum and maximum duration of the course is 3 years and 6 years respectively. Also there is no maximum or minimum age bar.
The other option may be contact the nearest ITI and find out the particulars of the courses suitable for the author. Taking into account the details furnished by the author, it is advisable for him to find a job and complete further studies in distance learning mode while earning and self sponsoring the studies.

Author: [Anonymous]    31 Mar 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have not give complete subject detail to give in-depth detail. However, considering the above fact and detail given by you, I would suggest you to go with BE or B.Tech without any further confusion. This Degree might help you to balance IT field or relevant Engineering field.