|Author: Kailash Kumar 01 Apr 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
First of all efforts should be made to identify the reason of being under weight. Is it due to calorie deficit only or due to any medical condition associated with the same. Malabsorption due to prolonged illness, diseases like tuberculosis, cancer, hormonal imbalances or eating disorders are the other possible reasons.
However the main causes of being under weight are -
1. Inadequate food intake
2. Prolonged gap in between meals
3. Increased physical activity
4. Poor selection of food etc.
The following are some of the tips which may help in this direction -
1. An increase of 500 Kcal per day may result in 0.5 Kg of body weight per week.
2. Balanced diet is more important than dietary supplements. Right amount of proteins, fats and carbs can be balanced by taking nuts, dairy products, healthy fats, healthy vegetables and meat. Whole eggs, butter, whole wheat breads, natural fruit juice, cheese, banana, peanut butter, oats, yogurt etc. should be included in the diet.
3. Chew the food properly to improve digestion.
4. Avoid beverages like coffee or tea immediately after meals.
5. Take adequate rest.
6. Do regular physical exercises in consultation with a health professional
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 02 Apr 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
First of all, care has to be taken to improve the digestion so that the nutrients in can be absorbed quickly. Exercise would enhance metabolism and apart from it, the following tips are recommended to gain weight.
1) Ripe Mangoes contain carbohydrates apart from valuable vitamins and minerals and the regular consumption of ripe Mangoes followed with consuming a glass of milk would work as wonders in gaining weight.
2) Almonds contain Poly - unsaturated fats responsible for weight - gain. Three Almonds should be soaked in a cup containing a little water for overnight and the same Almonds should be consumed next day after grinding the same to powdered form and by mixing the same along with a little hot milk would be the best way to add some flesh in the body.
3) Addition of White Eggs- Eggs contain abundant Protiens and other essential Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin E essential for healthy gain weight. Hence this must be included in the diet.
4) Raisins also helps in registering the weight of the body. Around 10 gm of Raisins should be soaked in a cup containing a little water and in the next morning, these Rasins should be munched in the empty stomach.
5) Use of Pea Nut Butter on daily basis would help in gaining weight because of its fat content.
6) Ripe Bananas should be included in the breakfast preferably with some milk. Bananas contain Carbohydrates apart from many valuable minerals such as Potassium, Calcium and Iron- an ideal combination for the enhancement of weight.
In addition to it, proper rest for at least eight hours during night is also essential to tone up the metabolic system.
|Author: Monika Kushwaha 05 Apr 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Well, today when every one wants to be slim and people are trying every best possible way to be slim and fit this sounds a very unique question.
I would like to give you an advice to go for a full body check up of your wife. A few important factors which contribute to the loss of weight and ill health are :-
- Loss of proper sleep which results in loss of apetite.
- Depression which results in loss of hunger.
- Increased physical labour
- Loss of balanced diet
- Increased mental tension or mental work
In order to help your wife out of this low weight and ill health problem you should help her avoiding the above mentioned problems.
You should however add some healthy supplements to her diet. For example
1. Banana shake :-
Banana has the highest calories in it. If you provide banana shake to her on a regular basis it will help her putting on a little weight.
Milk is regarded as the complete food. It contains all the nutrients in proper amount. It should also be included in her diet twice a day during morning and before sleep.
3. Eggs and fishes
Try to include eggs and fishes also in her diet. Eggs and fishes prove out to be better sources of vitamins and proteins which are considered major building blocks of the body.
Instead of having biscuits and similar items during snacks try to include fruits in your evening snacks. This will help her getting nutrients to a major extent.
Also biscuits are mostly made up of white flour which is not easily digested by the body and thus play major role in reducing hunger of a man.
Pulses are the best sources of proteins. You should include in her diet cooked pulses on a regular basis.
6. Potatoes and rice
Potatoes and rice are the major sources of carbohydrates. If included in diet these could provide you shocking results.
However the above mentioned things can help you out in your problem but still I would like you to advice that you should consult a doctor for her whole body treatment. Because many a times some internal disease or allergies prevents a person from gaining weight and having ill health.
|Author: Mahesh 05 Apr 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
You can increase the weight by changing the diet. I have noticed that change in diet and also a bit of exercise helps a lot. For example going out playing games such as cricket, football and the volleyball definitely helps.
Few diet menu that would help in the process are -
1. Banana Shake
2. Milk with nuts
3. Sweet desert
These are some of the dishes that you can find healthy. Make sure to consume them in proportionate way. Most of the time I have found the above diet can be definitely helping in order to help you gain some weight.
|Author: Adarsh kumar 05 Apr 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
First of all gaining weight does not mean that one should get all fat acquired in his body. Gaining weight should be buildup of muscles instead. Since she is a female it will be difficult for her body to gain weight in positive way.
I dont think that she would be fasting everyday or intentionally starving to look thin.
I recommend that you make her join a gym and the rest of the work is left to her trainee. There are ladies gym also available if she is uncomfortable with male trainees.
When it comes to her diet I recommend her to have more of protein rich food instead of carbs. Carbs can affect in negative way by accumlating fat if not burned at right time. You can also switch to supplements after consulting any nutritionist.
Al I want to say is that dont make her overeat as it my pave way for diabetes in future.