I am not financially strong but want to learn my child in CBSE.

Date: 05 Apr 2016   Posted By: pankaj darne     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am not financially strong but want to teach my son in CBSE school. School fees and donation is not affordable for me. My son is very sharp. So what should I do now? Should I go with SSC board. I am from open category, so can't avail educational benefits.

Want to send your ward in a CBSE school but can't afford it? Get suggestion from others and know what should you do.

Author: Kailash Kumar    08 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Mention of 'donation' by the author in his question is not clear. CBSE board syllabus is followed by many schools including Central Schools. CBSE board doesn't mean only costly public school. In the interest of the future of the child the author should seriously do hard work in searching various schools which offer CBSE board syllabus instead of blaming others or the system. Also it is his duty to provide for proper education of his son without self pitying about his financial status. He should consider about possible ways and means to arrange for educational expenses for his son by cutting expenditure in other heads.

Author: sathish chandrasekaran    08 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

It is wise to put the child on a medium which challenges him enough. Education has become costlier than ever. I really empathize with your affordability constraints. However we as parents should also have to consider what the child really wants. Ask him what his preferences would be. Explain him what repercussions it will have on his future. Let him take his time and decide. If he chooses to stay with CBSE then let him continue in CBSE. You may try schools that are CBSE board but comparatively cheaper and put him in that. A child should be given enough freedom to choose his life and we as parents should try every possibility to fulfill his dreams. Let his dream be the priority against your affordability. He will be a wonderful child. A word of caution though that you don't tell him your financial constraints while you offer him a choice to explore the possibilities on his own as it may influence his decision. Give your best in the interest of your child.

Author: Adarsh kumar    08 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

There are a number of CBSE schools in our country in which one can take admission without any problem. Maybe someone mislead you that CBSE schools are very costly. The fact is that majority of CBSE schools have low fees. Only private schools which have hi-tech facilities and standards demand high fees.

It is not important that all CBSE schools are good because I have also seen many devilry students from CBSE government schools. Your main concern should be discipline and facilities of the school rather than its board. But one has to agree that studying in a good CBSE school can open gates for a good future.

Now if you want low cost CBSE school then the first school that comes into my mind is Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) and Army Public school. As these schools are government owned they charge very less fees. They have good facilities and infrastructure. But I want to caution you that in some branches teachers are not good so admission should be taken keeping the school branch in mind.

Author: gsadhiks    15 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hello,
I can understand your problem, I think you can try admission for your son in Kendriya vidyalaya school. There fees is very reasonable if you can afford. Even there you can try for RTE also where your son will have education free of cost. But at what standard you son is studying, because Kendriya vidyalaya always do the admission for the first standard only. If your son is now going for the first I think you can give a try even if the admissions are closed. I hope my suggestion may help you.