PUC or CBSE, which is better after Class 10?

Date: 06 Apr 2016    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

Is it better to join PUC after 10th (CBSE) or continue in the CBSE stream?
I have been studying in CBSE Syllabus till 10th std, but now I think that PUC would help me to learn easily. I think continuing in CBSE board may prove very difficult than PU board.
Please tell me whether it is good to continue in CBSE?

Thanks

Confused between PUC and CBSE after Class X? Know which one is easier and better.

Author: Kailash Kumar    08 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion it is good to continue in CBSE but with attendant condition that extra hard work should be done by the author in his studies. The next two years are very important for the author as these two years will shape his entire future life. All other social and enjoyment activities can be deferred and performed in future , but not the studies of class XIth and XIIth. The author should make a firm resolve that he will pay due attention to the serious studies during next two years leaving aside all other activities for future. He should keep company of only a few genuine friends who are outstanding/better in studies. There is no need of either changing the board or discussing the matter will all and sundry. All the best to the author.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    08 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You need not change the curriculum of CBSE since this pattern of study does provide you ample opportunities to learn the subjects effectively. The curriculum undergoes revaluation time to time in order to retain its edge. Class eleven and twelve are the the crucial stages where you can master your subjects with sincere devotion. You should make an attempt to understand the contents of your text books. In case, in some stages you cannot make the same, take the help of the teachers to resolve the issue. You may have friend - circles who would be interested to have discussion in subject matters. Such discussion would offer you an oppurtunity for the revision of the texts. In nut shell, maximize your time to strengthen your skill so that you emerge successful in your chosen field after passing class twelve.

Author: sathish chandrasekaran    08 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

All that matter at later stage of life is how much we learnt. Since you are used to CBSE, it is going to be difficult but not impossible. You need to work harder for next two years and it will have a positive impact. You will certainly learn advanced subjects in comparison with PUC. My point is if you are sure of scoring above 60% then you will not have to worry about job criteria with most companies. I think it will be fruitful experience if you risk to join CBSE for further studies. PUC will be relatively simpler and easy to score high marks. That is the trade off. If you are a person keen on concept building stick with CBSE board. If you are particular about getting into a safer mode of future then you may chose PUC. Certainly a choice that only you can make after understanding your strengths and areas of improvement. Our best wishes from ISC for your prosperous future.

Author: yogesh    10 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Its all depends on your way of learning and in what way you are looking to your future. Considering you are taking Computer as your Career than

In PUC, you able to learn core subjects only and your hands to Mathematics will become so difficult when you reach to your engineering. So if you are planning to work out with only Core Subjects than PUC would be better and easier to focus.

In CBSE, you will be all rounder. You will focus on basics of Science that is Physics, Chemistry,Maths and also with Computer Science you will be able to learn basics. It may be bit difficult than PUC but you will become all rounder and your aptitude level will become strong due to basics you going to learn in Science and Computer.

Best of luck for your Future

Author: Adarsh kumar    12 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Your decision is 100% correct changing your board at this stage is definitely gonna help. Even I studied in CBSE till class 10 and then changed my board to PUC. The class 11th and 12th syllabus in CBSE is quite very tough and time taking whereas in PUC one can score easily without that efforts. In a country like India the weightage of marks is more important. So I consider scoring 95% in intermediate is better than scoring 65- 80% in CBSE.

Another big advantage that you can get in PUC most private institutions give coaching for entrance exams along with the inter syllabus which can be covered easily. So here you can get this best advantage of coaching classes which will help you to crack entrance exams and get a seat in a good college or university. Also the fact is that hardly 3% of CBSE students crack entrance exams in their 1st attempt.
You can also concentrate on sports and other activities along with studies in PUC which gets completely lost in HSC of CBSE.

This year the mathematics paper of CBSE students was very tough which resulted in many scoring less marks which then results in less percentage and we know that 40% of this marks is added in IIT exam, therefore their rank is definitely gonna drop because of this.
Once again I would like to stress that PUC will be a better choice.