Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Name problem in 10th marksheet

Date: 07 Apr 2016   Posted By: sanjay kumar     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am selected in a bank clerk job. After 10 days, my documents will be verified by bank. But I have a problem. My father name is Ishar ram in all documents except in 10th mark sheet, where it is Isar Ram. What to do?

Does your educational certificates bear different spellings of your father's name? Know what should you do before going for documents' verification.

Author: Kailash Kumar    08 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I think the minor variation in the spelling of name of the author's father in his Xth mark sheet may not pose a serious problem. Still he may consult a legal professional and get a notarized affidavit prepared for any possible eventuality at the time of document verification However he should keep mum about the the minor variation in the spelling and should not volunteer to disclose the same even before the process of verification begins. He should not discuss this matter with anybody else also. The notarized affidavit though prepared should be kept aside and may not be presented to the document verification official without his asking for the same..

Author: Paresh Gujarati    10 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The only solution to your problem is get your misspelled name corrected by Affidavit on respective stamp paper. This will cost you only Rs 200-300 only. But if you just wait for the document verification and get query related to your name, better do the affidavit, This will save your time as well as make process simpler. If possible, please clarify the matter. Otherwise in future, you may face problem.

Author: [Anonymous]    12 Apr 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As you have mentioned that you have only 10 days in hand, it will be a quite difficult to get affidavit for correct name.
If it is easy for you then go for it. You just need to prepare one affidavit and get it signed and stamped by a registered advocate. This will require some identity proof of your father.

Another possible option is, you may yourself collect your father's identity proofs like PAN Card, Ration card, Adhaar card, Passport copy or whatever is possible for you. Bring them in original at the time of document verification.
If they will raise a query, you will be having solution with you.

As it is candidate's father's name, there may not be a big issue on the same.

Author: Adarsh kumar    12 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

This minor problem is not gonna affect your verification. The person who verifies documents should have enough sense to make out that you are not a fake person just because of a spelling mistake of your father's name.

I suggest you to stop worrying about it and leave it on its own. Do not act in suspicious manner while submitting the documents. Most probably he is not going to notice this mistake but if he does then this can be solved just by mutual straight forward talk. I have seen verifiers of MNCs skip such issues so definitely this will not be an issue for a government verifier.

Also if you are afraid of future problems then you can get an affidavit registered.
Do submit your Aadhar proof and all the necessary documents which show your father's name correctly.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    K Mohan
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.