|Author: Kailash Kumar 11 Apr 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
There is always good scope for meritorious, hard working and outstanding students in all streams. Therefore it is important for the students to choose the stream in which they have personal interest, inclination and which suits to their aptitude. Selection of any subject which is not of the liking of the student and in which he is not willing to do extra hard work is of not much use career wise. Both the pharmacy and agricultural science or agricultural engineering fields have very good scope for outstanding students. The author should fully devote his next three/four years in completing the degree in the stream of his choice. The jobs etc. will automatically follow in case continuously hard work is done will due devotion and sincerity in coming few years.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 12 Apr 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 10 (Rs 10) Voting Score: 0|
Those aspirants would like to make careers after class twelve choosing Physics, chemistry and Biology may take up the following courses depending upon your inclination.
1) Bio - chemistry is an important subject and they can get jobs in reputed Pharmactuals after acquiring M.Sc in Bio- chemistry. Promotion prospects are excellent for bright candidates.
2) Biotechnology is one of the promising areas where you can make your headway in this stream. They are recruited by Research laboratories and Pharmactuals.
3) Dentist - Dental course would provide complete familiarity with dental - hygiene. They can get employments in reputed hospitals where there is great demand of their profession. If they want to continue independent practice, they can also do by opening up their own chambers.
4) Microbiologist - This is another promising area where they acquire expertise in the study of Microbes, Bacterias, Fungus and Algeas and how the health of public are affected in absence of proper control these Microorganisms. They are recruited in the department of Pathology in the Hospitals, Agricultural Reasearch Centres and Pharmaccetuals for carrying out Research - work.
5) Nursing - Nursing is one of areas where one can serve the human - beings in case of health - issues. This professional area may offer them intense satisfaction. B.Sc- Nursing is a four year degree course where they get intensive training in different fields related to health. They are in great demand in different health - centres and Hospitals.
6) Agriculture- They can take up the course of B.Sc, Agriculture to study the different mechanisms for the enhancement of fertility of soils. They can guide farmers how the agricultural crops can be improved. They can get jobs in different sectors including Research - laboratories, central and state government jobs and in Agricultural - colleges.
The aspirants would do better to choose any one of this course depending upon their inclination. So, persuasion of medical - studies is not only the ultimate goal to make the career brighter.
|Author: Mahesh 12 Apr 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
Pharmacy has a lot of future opportunities. You can extend your education as a practitioner or in some pharma lab. There are some who start their own store for drug selling. Some also get into the wholesale market and tie up with hospitals and get into business.
Most of the biotech companies are in huge demand for the pharmacy. So there is an opportunity and you just have to work hard to get it. I suggest taking a look at this.
Agricultural science is going through reform and changes. So over a period of time you may find that there is going to be more demand. Also the lack of land and the increasing population demands more food and other agriculture requirement. I think there is a slow growth in this industry. But if you choose to get into this there is a lot of scope in work satisfaction.
|Author: Purna Prasad Sharma 12 Apr 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Before opting any particular stream, I suggest you to explore the entire option because nowadays there are different better option due to grow of business industry in India. HereI I am giving some option, hope it shall help you.
B.Sc in (Life sciences, Agriculture and diary science, Hospitality studies, Medical technology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Home sciences, Micro biology, Nursing etc)
Bachelor in (fisheries sciences, Marine biology, Dental Science, Physiotherapy, Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery, Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery, Unani Medicine & surgery, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Optometry, Medical lab technology etc)
But remember for BTech or Engineering course PCMB required.
|Author: Chitra Rana Raghav 13 Apr 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 15 (Rs 15) Voting Score: 0|
While others have told you about various possibilities, i would like to discuss and suggest ground reality of two option you mentioned.
Biotechnology, yes not much scope but if you have a few contacts in companies like coke, you can get a easy placement as they recruit from recommendation process.
Now you told about pharmacy, after pharmacy you are left with three options,
1. To open own medicine shop: Require a good amount of investment, networking with doctors, it has to be near any hospital, if there is already a old medical clinic then you may also have to face political dirty game too. If you have good circle of friends those who are going to be doctors then you can think about it.
2. MR, I have a large number of friends who are MR(All boys, no girl is chose to be an MR). They all are tired of field work. There is no job satisfaction at all. Sooner or later they are switching their job or field of work.
3. To keep waiting for government job openings for Pharmacist. This option is good, there in only one test but those who gave same examination three years back are still waiting for their result as due to conflict on leakage of exam paper few student got stay and then it is pending case in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. However it may not be the same in every state, there may be few state which might be organizing it fairly.
So over all Pharmacy is also not so good option. But if you would like to try go for Hospital Management, MBA. That can be done after any graduation with bio subjects. This is emerging and recruiting large number of students at various post.
About Agricultural Sciences, You will have a good opportunity in R&D, but then again you will have to do M.Sc agriculture and even you can go for PhD. If you try to go for jobs after graduation only, salary will stay only to 2 lakh to 4.5 lakh which is not really attractive.
Other option you can consider are Defence forces, you can apply for NDA and after completing graduation you can apply for CDS. This will guarantee you more adventurous job, handsome salary and not so common life.
You can also apply for banking sector, a proper preparation of three to six months will be enough to crack IBPS clerical and after competing you graduation(any) IBPS PO.
You can also go for general graduation with Zoo, Botany, Chemistry and simultaneously can prepare for different common entrance exams like SSC, UPSC, Banks, Forces etc.
Last but not least, if you are determined go for anything that interest you most and do it sincerely, gaining practical knowledge out of it. You will be succesful in making a good career. No matter what you chose.