Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Father's name correction required

Date: 10 Apr 2016   Posted By: jitendra kumar     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

My father's name is printed differently in my 10th and 12th certificates. Will this difference affect my candidature if I am selected for govt. job? Experts: do guide me.

Having a name spelling mistake in certificate? Wondering whether it will affect selection for a government job? On this page, you will get a solution from experts.

Author: Kailash Kumar    13 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It depends on the nature of variation. Is it only a spelling mistake and in case so, up to what extent the variation exists or it is absence or presence of surname or presence of a totally a different name. The full name as printed on both the documents should be given by the author to enable any meaningful advice in the subject matter. In case of only a spelling mistake of minor nature, it may not pose much problem. Sometimes submitting an notarized affidavit works. It also depend on the attitude of the official who actually verifies the documents.