Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

How to cure handicap due to paralysis

Date: 11 Apr 2016   Posted By: rambabu     Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

Recently my daddy had a paralytic stroke and his leg and hand is not moving. After treatment, the leg was cured. Then he got a fracture in his right hand. The doctors have treated him by inserting a rod. I feel that the rod is the main reason why his right hand is not moving. Is this true? What should we do to cure the paralysis? Experts: do advise.

Searching for information to cure paralysis? find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    13 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion, guesswork or speculations are not advisable in such matters. Only a medical professional having necessary qualification and experience can evaluate the actual condition and offer opinion accordingly after physical examination of the patient and carrying out necessary diagnostic tests. The author should immediately consult the best possible expert in the field available in his area of residence. It would be better to get the patient examined at a modern hospital where all necessary facilities and equipments are available under one roof.

Author: Juana    15 Apr 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

I am sorry to learn about your daddy's paralytic stroke. Please know that paralytic strokes cause a major setback that result in loss of control over limbs and other parts of the body. It is rare for people to completely recover from a paralytic attack. The recovery process is often slow and can take from a few months to a few years. Yes, miracles do happen and you need to keep your faith up.

Since your dad made partial recovery owing to treatment there is a good chance of him recovering fully. However, for this to happen he needs to continue with his medication and also go through regular physical therapy sessions. The latter will help strengthen his muscles, keep the blood circulation to the affected part normal and encourage movement in the limb.

It is unlikely that the rod inserted in his arm is affecting his ability to move the arm. Rods are inserted when the bone is too frail to be mended. It does not affect the nerves that control and prompt movement.

My advice to you is to consult a specialist for proper guidance. You can also explore alternate therapies. Acupressure and acupuncture are known to be effective, but you must ensure the person performing these therapies is properly qualified. There are many Ayurveda institutes across the country that you might also want to consider. They offer special treatments to help patients regain control over the paralyzed body part. Many institutes in Kerala are recognized for their high success rate.

Meanwhile, keep your dad cheerful. Don't let him feel as if he is a burden. Don't be overly protective towards him either, as such patients tend to be very sensitive and are affronted with all the attention they receive. Wish you father a quick recovery. Good luck.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Farheen Khan
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.