Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

How to correct wrong bithhdate in birth certificate given by civic body

Date: 11 Apr 2016    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I have got birth certificate from the corporation council having wrong birth date entry on it. What is the procedure to correct it? Are there court judgements about this? Does the civic body need a court order to correct it.Experts: do give your opinion.

Have a mistake in the birth certificate? Wondering how to correct it? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    13 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The Registrar of Births and Deaths may consider incorporating change in date of birth in the certificate issued by them provided verifiable documentary evidence are produced regarding the same. In case the birth of the child took place in a hospital, then he hospital records may play a very important role. It will have to be seen as to on what basis the date of birth was recorded in the originally issued birth certificate and on what basis change is being requested at present. The first step should be to contact the authority who had issued the earlier certificate and seek its guidance in the subject matter prior to thinking about any other step.

Author: Kamlesh Kumar    16 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you are born in Hospital then you can get birth certificate from that hospital and submit it to corporation council with an application for correction in date of birth Subject.
And if you are born in home then you have to give an affidavit for the old and actual date of birth mentioning in it and for correcting it to actual date of birth duly attested form judicial Magistrate or Notary. and then submit it to the corporation council for correction in date of birth. and if you have some sort of proof for born that particular date you can explain in your affidavit.
And also, you can take order of court to change your date of birth .

Author: Archana Kapoor    17 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If the wrong date has been entered by mistake then you can show them documents that are issued by hospital although it is not a big issue, they will just tell you to show some documents with correct date and charge some fee for the clerical work they will do to change the date in their records. You can directly contact the authority who has issued the certificate.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.