Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Teaching Jobs »

What after MCA? Govt. job/ M.Tech/ CSIR NET

Date: 12 Apr 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Teaching Jobs   

I have done MCA around 60% and I am working as a faculty in degree college. Actually, I do not have interest to teach degree students as they are very poor to grasp the content and subject matters. Labs are not provided to us (students) even the labs are equipped very well. This may be management fault. Previously In the college, two systems has stolen which contain lots of information. This may be management fault. The reasons may be anything. Finally, I lost interest to teach degree students as they are not disciplined persons.

At first, I don't have interest in teaching. But I don't know how I have interested in this field. I do not want to lose my interest in this. So I want to continue in teaching field that too for engineering students. For that I have to complete M.Tech. My cousin says that instead of doing M.Tech, develop the subject knowledge and go for either phd or Govt. job. May be this option is a good one but I do not want to settle as a Govt. employee by writing Govt. exams like Banking, SSC CGL etc.

My interest is to teach for engineering students and help to them in project work. After getting some experience in that field by doing research (I mean phd) I want to go for scientist jobs.

Author: Kailash Kumar    13 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It is said that one bird in hand is better than two in the bush. Instead of exploring many options, the author may consider clearing NET examination conducted by CBSE on behalf of UGC to determine the eligibility for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship. The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor's positions. Notification for the said examination has already been issued and the examination will be conducted on 10.07.2016. The candidates are required to apply online. The last date for applying online is 12 May 2016. In case full preparation is done with total dedication and hard work and the examination is cleared, then the author can fulfill all of his dreams.