Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

Need career related guidance for joining MNC

Date: 13 Apr 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I have completed my 10th in 2008 with 72% and my 12th in 2011 with 57% with a gap of a year. Later I completed my BE in Computers with 65% from University of Pune. I also got trained a few programming languages and did an internship. Now I want to go for interview in MNC. Am I eligible for MNC job? What should I do if I want to apply to an MNC?
Experts: advice.

Looking for career guidance in computers field? Check out response from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    16 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider clearing GATE with high score. The website of GATE should be studied for knowing full details. The examination is conducted by an online Computer Based Test (CBT). GATE score is used by many PSUs for their recruitment. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years) after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs are eligible to appear in the examination. The candidates must apply online only. Details and online application process can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites

Author: NAVCHETAN KUMAR    16 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

To work with MNC, you will have to prepare aptitude questions, Logical & reasoning questions. In order to qualify MNC's written Test & Technical Interview, you should also have a brief knowledge in following important subjects of BE(CSE) :-
Theory of computation
Operating Systems
Computer Network
Digital Systems
Algorithms
Data Structures
Data Base Management Systems, etc.
I would advise you to download written test papers/ placement papers of various MNC's. You can easily download placement papers by clicking on following link:-
http://placement.freshersworld.com/placement-papers
To get General knowledge questions, Aptitude questions, Interview questions of all IT/Non-IT Companies kindly visit the links:-
http://placement.freshersworld.com/
Wish you a bright future.

Author: [Anonymous]    17 Apr 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes you are eligible for MNC jobs because there are many MNCs like google,facebook,flipkart,snapdeal,shopclues and many more need people from computer science as there is less manpower according to the services provided by them all over india and they are hiring people with technical background who is trained in programming languages.
I would suggest you to make your resume as soon as possible with the proper explanation to all the things which you have done during your college and school life. Add the position of responsibilities which you might had taken to organize any event. Add the technical languages which you know and upload it to naukri.com, monster.com, timesjobs.com,letsintern.com, internshala.com,etc or just goto http://fresherworld.com where you will get notification of the company which recruiting in the present time.

Author: Seema Shah    19 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Most MNCs have a cut off of overall first class/ 58%/55% in X, XII and BE. This cutoff varies from MNC to MNC.
Training in programming languages may not carry that much weightage as much as doing a project will. Internship is a plus factor. So you have better chances of getting a job in MNC whose cutoff is 55% and above.

GATE score may not add value for applying to MNC. However do check the application pre requisites for PSU if they need a valid GATE score.

Accordingly you can prepare your further plan of action.

Author: Raja    04 Jun 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

GoodDay,
Since most of the MNC's look for graduates from the Engineering Discipline, yes you are eligible for an MNC job.
TCS looks for 10,+2, UG percentage of more than 60% on an average, to be eligible to attend an interview, so does most of the MNC's too have the same rule. If you are experienced and able to clear all their interviews even the 57% in 12th standard is not going to stand on your way to signup for a Software Job.

Try Solving Puzzles by Dr.shakuntala devi and also do know the aptitude and logical reasons by Dr.Shakuntala Devi. books.
Apart from that learn from the websites like freshers world for the interview questions regarding the technical, English questions.
'Naukri ' is also a goodwebsite for searching jobs. There are lot of jobs posted in this website for candidates looking for jobs.

'Monsterindia' is also another website for looking jobs in and around india. All you have to do is fill out registration forms, and attach resume and jobs will be sent to your email. you can contact the employer to fix up an interview with these types of companies. Reference is that you have to tell the employer that you got the email from the these website regarding the job opening.
Clear written test, HR and get a job in the MNC
All the best.