Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Which department/ministry of the government of India deals with accommodation in municipalities?

Date: 15 Apr 2016   Posted By: Pappu Das     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

I would like to know which department/ministry of the Government of India deals with accommodation in municipalities?

Unsure of the Central ministry responsible for accommodation in a municipality? Get the right answer with expert help here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    16 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As far as the Union of India is concerned the Constitution (Seventy-Fourth Amendment) Act 1992 has been enacted which provides that the urban local bodies, to be known as Municipal Corporations, Municipal Councils and Nagar Panchayat depending on the population, shall be constituted through universal adult franchise in each notified urban area of the country. The said Act is administered by the Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India. However the state Governments are entrusted with the responsibility of enacting legislations regarding municipal bodies.
The expression 'accommodation in municipalities' appearing in the query raised by the author is not clear and requires further elucidation.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Anju sharma
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.