Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

How to make correction in birth certificate to put in maiden name

Date: 16 Apr 2016   Posted By: gregory     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

My maiden name is mentioned in all my documents but in my son's birth certificate my post marriage name is mentioned. I am from Maharashtra. I want my maiden name to be entered in my son's birth certificate. Please advise how to proceed for this.

Want to change your name in your child's birth certificate to your maiden name? Learn from experts the correct procedure to do so.

Author: Kailash Kumar    16 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Sufficient details are not furnished in the query raised by the author e.g. what are the differences in her maiden name and post marriage name. Is it only a difference of surname or the full name including the first name has also been changed. One of the logical step may be to visit the office from where the birth certificate was issued together with original documents and seek guidance from the concerned officials. Also prior to the visit to the office, the website of the concerned authority may also be studied thoroughly to find any given clue. It may be noted that there are no standardized procedures regarding such matters which are applicable and being followed all over India.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.