Ask Experts » Health » Beauty »

Query about skin laser treatment

Date: 18 Apr 2016    Group: Health    Category: Beauty   

I have pimple scars and ugly holes on my face. I am fair and the holes are clearly visible. My age is 19. Can you tell the cost of laser treatment or any modern technique which can fill up my holes? I want to fit the treatment in my budget?
Experts: do respond.

Suffering from pimples? Wondering how to treat the scars? Check out response from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    23 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It primarily depends on the city where you reside, category/level of clinic selected, expertise of the doctors/technicians, type of machine used and the actual extent of treatment required as seen after physical examination of the patient concerned. Cost also depends on the number of sittings required. However it may be anything upward of Rs. 20,000 or so depending upon the various factors enumerated above. In my opinion it is better to visit few good clinics available in the city of residence or nearby major cities in case of non-availability of clinics at the city of residence and find out the cost involved as quoted by the doctors after physical examination.

Author: Mahesh    24 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You're young and should avoid the laser therapy on skin. The reason being most of the pimple scars can be removed with ointment lately. And this way you don't require lasers on skin. The reason being skin gets sensitive after laser therapy.

Laser treatment are expensive starting from low as 5000 to 1,80,000. The price dependent on doctor and the hospital you're using. You should first check out all possible ointment based skin options. This way you can get rid of them without having to resort to laser.

I'd suggest taking treatment from the skin specialist. And then you can decide if the laser treatment is worth it or not. It'll take time for things to settle so make sure you give enough timeline for this to recover.