Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

Which one is a better company to start my career?

Date: 18 Apr 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I am pursuing Diploma engineering and this is my last semester. I have got two jobs for the post of the Service engineer in:
1. Cyberpower system (http://www.cpsww.co.in/index.html)
2. Diebold(http://www.dieboldindia.com/)
Experts: do respond.

Confused about which IT company to join? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    24 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author will have to learn to take responsibility before joining any job. One of such responsibilities is to decide about which company to join. The websites of both the companies should be studied in detail by the author himself and depending upon his own strengths and weaknesses, final decision should be taken. Besides studying the websites of the respective companies, information should be researched on net about the companies from other resources also e.g. financial performance and growth achieved by the companies during last few years. Total number of employees working in the company, their tie-ups/collaborations, if any with other global / multinational companies, future prospects of the career growth etc. should also be considered. It is not considered appropriate to offer specific answer to the question raised by the author on a public forum in the interest of propriety.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    25 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

First of all, let me congratulate you on getting two assignments from two different firms. However, you must look out for the financial health and working environments of these companies so that you may enjoy the job - security after joining either of the same. You can get a lot of informations regarding the company's status and its overhaul health by surfing in the net.
In order to enjoy security of the job, a lot of informations are required to be obtained such as its current growth, congenial environment and the working condition of the companies. You can also check out the promotional and financial benifits of the employees after five years from their initial stage of joining. Some companies do follow the best strategies in respect of their employees growth. The best talented are suitably rewarded in terms of perks and other incentives. Devotion to the job and sincerity are the two main criterias which are chiefly taken as yard- stick for their faster growth.
Considering that the both the companies do follow best principles to encourage the motivations of their employees, you may choose either of them.
However, I am of the opinion that you should select a relatively a small company at the initial stage where you can learn your job better. In such companies, you would get excellent guidance from your Boss to understand the intricacies involved in the jobs. Even the understanding for a year may give you a solid foundation for the clarity of work. Such inputs would go a long way in your acclerated growth in MNCs.

Author: Mahesh    25 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Both the companies are strong and have clients from offshore. And the best part about both companies is that you get to learn a lot in both of them. These two companies can be really good as a fresher. I suggest you to choose either one of them depending on your role. I assume the role of service engineer is going to be different in each one of them. In such case you'd have to see your incremental position in nearby future.

This way you can find out which company is more beneficial for you. And you can then decide which company to go for based on this assessment. If you are not sure and just worried about future from either company. In such case find the linkedin group.

Most of the linkedin users who are from this company can guide you in case of doubts. I have found that taking advice from linkedin is more effective from the people who worked in company. Hope this helps in making your decision more clear before joining.

Author: [Anonymous]    25 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

First of all, congrats to you for this job offer as a service engineer. To be frank there is no good and no bad (or better) company. Every job you do with sincere, honest, putting all your efforts in a correct manner then automatically you will get succeeded. Why do you bother about the company? Let it be small or large company. Let it has good background like having international relationships, number of projects it has done, producing more productive tools etc. What if? The companies also started with small stuff aiming at high.

In fact, a small truth which I knew from so and so is: If the company is small then you can learn more otherwise you can learn less. You cannot put your efforts more on the work schedule (it is the fact too).

I prefer you to join in the small company. As a beginner, first you should learn work perfectly. Even I understand your work capability (as you have job offer in your hands how much hard work you did) studies are different from job. So, it is in your hands to learn work or having a experience certificate in a large company. Having experience certificate from a reputed large global company without knowing the work you cannot work perfectly further. So at the starting stage itself try to learn the work and then you can work anywhere even you can come up with a start-up company in future.
All the best!