Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

How to correct the Name and DoB in all my educational certificates?

Date: 20 Apr 2016   Posted By: neelimarla s venkatesh     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I have completed in 2015 but my name and DoB is wrong. In 10th class, as per Board rules of Age I was not permitted give SSC exams. So my parents mentioned my sister's DoB (14-08-1989) instead. There was also a spell mistake of surname. The same DoB and surname mistake was continued till the Now, I would like to correct the DOB and surname in all my educational certificates and also driving licence, PAN, Aadhar etc. I have a original DOB certificate given by the Municipal Corporation as a proof.
Is there any possibility to correct my details? How shall I start the process ? What the enclosures are needed?
Experts: do respond.

Do you have some spell mistakes in certificates? Wondering how to resolve them? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It appears to be not just a matter of correction. A question is likely to arise as to why the correct date of birth was not filled initially while appearing in the Xth board examination. Further the incorrect date of birth was repeated on each occasion many times while furnishing date of birth in subsequent examinations also. Appearing in Xth board examination by mentioning incorrect date of birth is liable to be interpreted ascommitting a fraud. Also in case the date of birth is changed now in Xth board certificate then the question of eligibility to appear in the examination may arise again. In my opinion the author should consult a local lawyer together with all records available with her.

Author: Mahesh    01 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You have to change all the documents from 10th onwards. The issue is passed down to other university level documents too. So you have to go step by step.

Get your birth date and name corrected from 10th first. After 10th you have to get it corrected for 12th. And based on the certificates of corrected data, you have to send the same to universities and get this one corrected. So you have to follow the process here. And be ready to shell out some money to get this done.

It's not going to be easy to get it and you'll be lectured for this on each office of this issue. As the issue seems to be serious, they may even question you to produce every document available in each department. So be ready for such hectic process.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.