Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Science »

One Year or Diploma course in Geology

Date: 21 Apr 2016   Posted By: Rohit Chatterjee     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Science   

I will be majoring in Geology next year (BSc).I currently have plans of studying in Canada. I require 16 years of education while I have only 15 years of education.
Which one year or a diploma course can enable me to complete these 16 years and also improve my job prospects?
Experts: do respond.

Searching for a suitable one year or diploma course after BSc Geology? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: Pawan Kumar    29 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Postgraduate Diploma In Remote
Sensing & GIS, Postgraduate Diploma In Geo-information Science And Earth Observation are best diploma courses. It is a rapidly growing technological field for resource planning and management. National Power Training Institute Faridabad, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing Dehradun, CEPT University, MDS University, University of Allahabad are some of GIS Training Institutes in India.

Author: Mahesh    01 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Depending on what you wish to study and do the jon in near future, You can make sure you take the education and credentials on that. For example you can do one of the following :

1. Diploma course in GIS (1 year)
2. Diploma course in Data science (1year)
3. Diploma course in GIS management (8 months)

Depending on your requirement for the post graduation education you can also take some other one year courses. I suggest sticking with the geology related courses. GIS has very good future. For example data science in GIS field has a lot of demand. You may want to complete the course in data science in such case.