Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

How to prepare for competitive exams

Date: 21 Apr 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I am a 29 years old woman from Andhra Pradesh. I have failed in degree once but later passed with 3rd class. I have a 6 years baby. I have worked as D.E.O. (Outsource employee) since 8 years from 9 to 6. But I have an ambition to take up a Government job.
I am confused. Is it possible to get such a job through the exam while working full time? Can anyone suggest how to look after my baby prepare competitive exams?
Can you also give exact daily time table to cover the entire syllabus.
Experts: do respond.

Aspiring to take up a government job? Wondering how to prepare for the job? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 2

It is said that where there is a will there is a way. A committed and determined human being can do wonders. However it is not made clear by the author, if there is any one else in the family to look after the baby or not as working 9 to 6 is likely to require some arrangement for looking after the baby. The baby is also likely to be school going. The author will have to cut on time devoted in other household activities to spare time for studies. Her husband will have to share the household activities like cooking, cleaning etc. For the next few years till the goal is achieved, time spent in social activities will have to be cut down totally. I think getting up early in the morning say at 4 or 5 AM when the baby is still sleeping, may be a better option. Minimum time should be spent on preparation of delicacies. Instead simple food which can be stored in fridge for 2 - 3 days after cooking once should be preferred. Depending upon her own personal circumstances, the author can chalk out a suitable program.

Author: jenny    27 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you are determined you can do it. Plan the day for the house hold work, your work time and the spare time you get. Depending on this you frame a time table according to the syllabus and prepare systematically. Being regular in your studies would make it easy for the exams.
Doing all the house hold work yourself would make you tired and you may not be in a position to devote time for studies. It is better to keep maid for doing daily chores at home.
Also you need to spare time for your child, keeping this mind, avoid wasting time watching tv. You can make up to two hours daily to prepare for the exams Study while the child sleeps, do spare time for yourself to keep you active and also take enough rest to keep yourself in good health. Minimize on your cooking items, make easy simple dishes.
Wishing you the best.