Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

For admission after 12th

Date: 21 Apr 2016    Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I am clearing my 12th exam with Commerce stream but I am interested in Computers and Technology. Which is better: BCA or CSE(Computer Science Engineering)Diploma? Many people sto not go for BCA or MCA does not have good job opportunities but rather study CSE Diploma followed by B.Tech in CS. I am confused. Which is the better option out of the two?
Awaiting advice.

Wondering how to study Computers after XII Commerce? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    25 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There is no need to get confused. The author should first find out as to what type of institution, he is likely to get for admission for pursuing further studies. Will it be a merit seat or a management quota seat? He should himself compare the syllabus of the BCA and Diploma in CSE course and evaluate himself as to in which subjects he is likely to devote more time in studies willingly and happily so as to achieve outstanding results. It may be noted that merely completing any course is no guarantee for a gainful employment in future. However in case outstanding understanding of the subjects is achieved through hard work then any course will be useful. Completing B.Tech through diploma route is otherwise also can be said to be better than completing BCA followed by MCA provided the student is able to comprehend fundamentals. It may be seen as to why commerce stream was opted for by the author for completing 10+2 instead of science stream with physics etc.