Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

How to increase your height after 17?

Date: 22 Apr 2016   Posted By: KomalButt     Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

My height is 4'11 and I am 17 years old. My mom's height is 4'11 and my father's height is 5'5.
I am really tensed about my height. Is there any possibility for growth in my height. I am also having tonsillitis. Are they responsible for my dwarfism?
Experts: do suggest how to increase height.

Searching for solution to increasing height? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Timmappa Kamat    23 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Height is an aspect that is dependent on various factors like age, heredity, diet and general health. The height in case of boys generally increases up to the age of 19, while it increases till the age of 17 in girls.
Best exercises that may be helpful in hiking your height could be cardio exercises and pull ups.
Pull ups will let your body muscles to stretch out. Don't attempt to reach a target of pull ups on a single day. Start with, say 5 per day and then increment it further gradually on a daily basis.
Cardio exercises - as the name indicates - are the ones that increase heart beat rate and thus the blood circulation. The cardio exercises like swimming, jogging or cycling can be used. Increase the duration gradually. But, never cross the limit of 10 to 12 minutes per day.
Take as much as possible quantity of leafy vegetable in your diet. Almonds, raisins and pulses are also known to have good effect on your height.
Finally, please note that if is heredity related, you may not be able to hike your height. It is in your genetics and no attempt can change it.

Author: Saraswathi    23 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

protinex is good for increasing your height. According to my experience I am telling this. I have given this to my son. He was only 4.5" when he was admitted in B.Com first year. I have given this only for 3 months. In B.Com 2nd year he grown up to 5.11". Its amazing product.

Author: Archana Kapoor    24 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Include more protein in your diet and do stretch exercises and be active in sports. It helps in increasing height at this age. Although, it seems to be genetic problem because your mom and dad both have short height. So, it is little difficult for you to increase height but it is not impossible. You should try stretch exercises and yoga positions that increase height. You can also take the help of a yoga teacher, gym instructor or a physiotherapist.

Author: Mahesh    25 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Height of males increase up-to 19 and in case of females it is likely to increase up-to age of 18. After that it is going to stabilize. You can only gain or reduce weight to make the height look more or less attractive.

I suggest keep a tab on your diet. And do some exercise that helps to increase the height. For example, there are some of the exercises that helps for the same.

Cycling - It helps you build a stamina and also helps with the height. Though does not contribute heavily towards health.

Gymnastics - The exercises and activity in the gymnastics help your body a lot. For example, some of the height related activities also help with the increase in height.

There are many other activities that you can do but for this I suggest meeting with physical trainer. They can guide you on this a lot better.

Author: [Anonymous]    25 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Here you didn't mention your weight. If you are fat then the chances are more that you looks short. From my experience I am saying. As I am becoming fat looking becomes very short in terms of height.

So, while asking question you should consider your weight too. This is the time you should consult gym instructor. Daily morning and evening walk is compulsory. You should drink plenty of water. Due to summer season chances are more to get dehydrate.

Practice swimming daily for one hour. This is the best tip to loose your weight (If you are really fat).

Use ayurvedic product for gaining better results. I think Protin-x works well.

Why you are bothering about your height? You have two more years to become height. Don't worry much about your height.

Author: jenny    27 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Komal, Do not worry about your height too much. You can be successful if you are short also. Height of a person depends on many factors, like genetic inheritance, diet and the health condition of a person. You can do stretch exercises, do swimming to increase your height. Eat healthy food. Do not eat junk food and put on weight. Check your weight, if you gain weight and become fat, you would look more short. Maintain your body figure so that you would not look short. Consult doctor for your tonsillitis and follow medical advice.