Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Finance and Banking Jobs »

Confused what to do after 12th.

Date: 22 Apr 2016   Posted By: Shreya Mishra     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Finance and Banking Jobs   

I have recently given my ISC boards with PCM. The results are yet to come. My father has advised me to go for banking. For banking, graduation is a must. I am a Science student. I have heard BSc is tough. I am completely inclined towards banking now.
So can you suggest how should I proceed further? Instead of BSc can I do BA with Economics or, B.Com? Will it be too difficult for me or will it work fine? My Maths is quite strong.
I am very confused. What is the best option for making career in the banking field. Can I become a CA?
Experts: do provide advice.

Looking out for suitable career options after XIIth? confused between BSc and BCom? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Farheen Khan    28 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

You are eligible to pursue BA, BBA, B.Com from most universities. If you are not interested in the field of science, then it would be better to leave it at this stage itself, however do remember that you will not be eligible to return back to science field for further studies if you leave it now.
Shifting to BA or B.Com is not very difficult for most science students. If your maths is strong and you are quite set on a banking career then it would be ideal to switch to commerce field. You can start preparation for CA exams as well if you are interested, however you should know that none of these fields are easy to get into. Neither is it easy to crack PO exams and interviews, nor is it easy to get through CA. So if you are just escaping science field because you think it is tough, then you should know the truth that any field that will provide a decent paying job will be tough. It is a matter of finding the field that you yourself feel interested in.

Author: Teja    12 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

See..Your main goal is to get into the banking sector after completion of studies. For this, the first thing you should know is the eligibility criteria required to be eligible for appearing in banking based examinations. The general educational qualification required to appear in Banking based recruitment's is "Bachelor Degree in any discipline" of a recognized university. There is no certain percentage criteria required and only Graduation PASS is required.

As Graduation in any discipline is allowed, it is you to decide the right course after 12th Class. See, Graduates from B.A / B.Com/ B.Sc/ B.E/ B.Tech or any such courses are eligible to apply for banking examinations. Courses are basically classified into two Groups, they are Traditonal courses and Professional courses.
>> Traditional Courses - B.A/ B.Com/ B.Sc
>> Professional Courses - B.E/ B.Tech..etc.,

Since you are very good at Mathematics, I suggest you to go with Professional courses rather than Traditional courses. So that you may even increase the knowledge required for Aptitude and Reasoning, Computer and English from these professional courses. So that it will be very easy for you to crack banking examinations after completion of studies. As there is a good scope for B.E/ B.Tech candidates, I suggest you to with this course after 12th Class. See any course appears to be easy if we study with lots of interest. But make sure the final decision is your's as it is your future.