Ask Experts » Government » State Government »

Problem regarding the place of birth

Date: 23 Apr 2016   Posted By: ram singh     Group: Government    Category: State Government   

Sir I am born in Muzaffapur Bihar on 22-07-1997 and then moved to Lucknow for studies. I got my Birth certificate from Muzaffarpur and my uncle made another birth certificate of Lucknow with date 22-07-1997.
Now I just wanted to ask if it creates problem in future,is it illegal ,or a problem while applying for passport.
Now what can I do?

What to do when we are holding two birth certificates with the same date from different places? ISCians may suggest their views for this problem.

Author: Kailash Kumar    23 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Logically and legally no facts should be hidden or twisted for whatsoever reason. When the birth actually took place at Muzaffarpur, Bihar, then it should be mentioned so also in the birth certificate. At the time of issue of passport, police verification is carried out. In case the individual has lived at more than one places then particulars of all such places are required to be furnished. Also the two states are different. Muzaffarpur is located in the state of Bihar whereas Lucknow is situated in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Domicile certificate is required in many cases for considerations in jobs and admissions. Concealing factual information is liable to be treated as an offence when detected. Therefore it is never advisable to use any fake or forged documents.

Author: Timmappa Kamat    23 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It is illegal definitely. You cannot use two documents of the same nature. It will definitely be treated as an offence. I would advice you to get the mistake rectified by contacting the concerned officials.

But, as is seen from the circumstances, it does not seem to be possible. Does your having two documents from different states mean you have registered your birth at both locations? In that case, you may need to consult a lawyer to get things right.

Crux of the matter is you are not allowed to use two different birth certificates which constitutes a serious offence and it can cause issues while applying for passport.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    23 Apr 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As you are born in Muzzaffarnagar, the birth certificate showing place of birth as Muzzaffarnagar will be the correct and proper one to be used. You should be factual and correct to the maximum extent possible.

Hence, at least from now on, use the correct one as your birth certificate for al your documents. You may destroy the wrong certificate to avoid wrong usage. I hope you might not have used it anywhere till now. There are not many documents that need compulsorily the place of birth. As you are still young , it is from now on that you may need the birth certificates for important documents.

Author: Archana Kapoor    24 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You apply for the passport with your correct birth certificate only, and do not use wrong certificate anywhere. You can apply for the cancellation of wrong birth certificate also by giving genuine reason that it happened by mistake and show your correct certificate to them. Even if you don't do all this it's ok but use only one certificate in all documents, don't use both the certificates.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    17 Jul 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

I fail to understand the reason behind committing this offence. While you were born in Mujaffarpur, Bihar, then why did you obtain a certificate from Lucknow?

Now simply tear away the incorrect certificate and start using the correct birth certificate everywhere. While making passport, use your original and correct birth certificate.

Don't commit such offence again.