Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Name error in my 10th certificate

Date: 23 Apr 2016   Posted By: om prakash singh     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I want to do a job in Central government of India, but there is a spelling mistake problem in my 10th certificate. Can this create a problem for selection for a government job or in certificate verification?
Experts: do clarify this confusion

Are you facing an error in tenth certificate? Wondering how solve this issue? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Full particulars about the question has not been furnished by the author. The correct name and the name appearing in the certificate is required, to know the extent of variation in spellings. In case it is a matter of difference of 's' and 'sh' only, then the matter will be different compared to the case where a totally new name is mentioned. Particulars like the name of the board, the year during which the Xth examination was passed is also required as generally the boards consider correction within a specified period only. However in lighter vain, in case the recruitment is to be made through a competitive entrance examination, then efforts should be made to come among top hundred of the competitors. Such a high rank is likely to have less impact on the spelling mistake in the Xth board examination.

Author: [Anonymous]    28 Apr 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you are going to follow and apply with the same name stated on Certificate vs application then no issue. If you wanted it as per your own or previous certificate then it is mandatory to correct it at relevant office. There are certain procedure to follow it for name correction. You have to approach the particular regional board office to correct it following their pattern of application process. You can approach your school teacher or master to get guideline on this.

You may also refer similar query at for some more detail and future issue if any.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.