Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

How do I become an automotive engineer?

Date: 24 Apr 2016   Posted By: T.V.Srinivasan     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I have finished my 10th standard INA school in Tamilnadu. I hope to score good marks and would like to become an automotive engineer. Which group should I choose in 11th from the following:
1. Group 1A has Maths, Physics,Chemistry, Biology as main subjects.
2. Group 1B has Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer science.
3. Group 2 is pure science
Group 3 is economics group.
Are both 1A and 1B groups is suitable for engineering or only 1A?
I am weak in Biology.
Awaiting advice from experts.

Are aspiring to become an automotive engineer? Wondering which subjects to choose in XI? Find ample advice from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    28 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Both 'Group-1A' and 'Group-1B' are suitable. The only thing to be taken care of is that irrespective of the group selected the student has to give his 100% towards studies during 11th and 12th stage. The rest of the coming life will depend up to a large extent on the hard work done during these two years. These two years will never come back in life though all other things can come later also. All social activities should be kept on back burner during these two years. The outcome of these two years may make one an outstandingly successful individual. Whether it is automobile engineering or any other field hard work invested in studies during 11th and 12th level will make the difference. All the best.

Author: sathish chandrasekaran    29 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

1A and 1B are both eligible for doing automobile engineering. In case if you are really clear with not ending into medicine then you can really chose 1B. You will be focusing only on engineering then. It will enable you to focus on your automobile dreams in true spirits. Most parents insist 1A as there is also chance for you to enter into medicine. But ultimately if you are keen on engineering then settle with 1B. I did 1A and landed into engineering. Doing 1A does not makes sense if you are 100% sure of your career in automobiles.

Author: Mahesh    29 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Automation industry is very vast and it has multiple levels of job opening.

Both groups 1 A and 1 B give you admission to engineering. Only thing is that once you get into engineering, you have to focus on the major stream to take.

You have two options of degrees if you wish to get into automation industry.

1. Mechanical Engineering
2. Production Engineering

In case of mechanical engineering, you have to approach the automotive industry in more of generic way. In case of production engineering the study of metals and product designing comes into picture.

So each engineering degree has it's way of getting into automation market. I suggest choosing the degree depending on your comfort level.