Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Can a college under WBUT close before completing the course

Date: 24 Apr 2016   Posted By: Hasrat Shah     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have completed my BCA from Chinsurah Institute of Management and Technology affiliated to WNUT in 2011. My registration was done in 2008. Currently I am working as an office executive in WBSEDDCL. In police verification report the police say that my college has been closed before completing the course. How is this possible? What should I do?
Experts: kindly suggest.

Thank you.

Having a problem with police verification of college certificates? Wondering how a college can close before students graduate from a course. On this Ask Expert page, you will find the possible solutions.

Author: Kailash Kumar    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author should personally visit the institute from where he has completed the course to know the factual details himself. Since it is a matter of continuing service, no chance should be taken by depending on information furnished by other sources. In case the police verification report has mentioned about closure of the institute, it has to have some substance. There may be a communication gap also. Alternatively the author may visit the police station concerned through which the police verification report was received to find out the actual reasons. The copy of reference made to the district authority for police verification report by the office may also be seen to know if the details mentioned in the same were accurate or not.

Author: Mahesh    30 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Most of the time issue occurs because the institute often receives such notices and they are forced to close during the running batch. And they are supposed to close the place immediately. But however in some cases they keep the batches going up-to the end. And that's how often many students suffers.

Your case seems to be in that issue. I suggest you to contact the university affiliated with your institute. And you need to take the written undertaking from university from this. If the university has it funded or supported during this period then they can do this for you. By taking undertaking from university, you can resolve this issue. Police verification can go through this undertaking letter and close the issue.

In theory, this should suffice but this case is a bit complicated. And you know there are some other issues that may arise in red tape mindset of the police and other university departments. I suggest you to talk to university people for this and that should be more than enough to get you off the start on this.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.