Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Technology »

Why the mobile phone gets switched off and on often ?

Date: 24 Apr 2016   Posted By: K Mohan     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Technology   

Since three months I am facing unusual problem with my mobile phone as it switches off and then switches on often. I had replaced old battery with the new one and yet the problem persists. Some times the incoming, dialed and missed calls data vanishes. I made a detailed check up with the mobile repairing shop but the problem not solved. Nokia E 72 is the model. What is more disturbing is the fact that when ever I am talking to some one , the call get disconnected on its own much to the annoy of callers, I do not want get rid of this phone for its rugged performance. What to do?

Getting sudden switched off and hang issue on your Nokia E 72 mobile phone? Get solutions for your Nokia E 72 mobile phone issues from our experts in this post.

Author: Mahesh    29 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Most of the time the device goes on and off due to power issues. If there are battery issues, then the device is likely to turn itself off every now and then. Another problem that seems to be quite common is that old symbian phones had bluetooh virus issues. So this virus used to auto turn off the machine. And for that reason the OS was supposed to be patched on regular basis.

The model these days is no longer supported. Also the the device issues and patches are not online supported on their sites either. You have no option than to just keep using it as long as possible and then dump the phone.

The Symbian operating system is very old in that model. And the device parts must be ageing today. So expect this problem on recurring basis from here onward.

Author: Pawan Kumar    29 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

I think it is virus issue. The most common signs of a virus are slow functioning, frequent freezing, switch off automatically, restart, not booting properly. To remove virus first install a good repute antivirus, update it and scan entire memory if there is any virus delete it. Or reset the phone to its original settings.

Author: Krishna Teja Yeluripati    08 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

As you mentioned that the problem persists even after you replaced your old battery with a new one, the problem may be due to corrupted data. First of all, make sure that your phone is completely free from virus infected files. If the problem still persists, do 'factory data reset' which resets your phone to the state in which it is when purchased but all of the data in your phone including contacts, messages etc,. will be deleted. So, make a copy of your important data before doing 'factory data reset'.

Hope this answer helps to solve your problem.