Ask Experts » Computers » Software »

Blutooth software issue in Windows 7 OS

Date: 25 Apr 2016   Posted By: Saravanan     Group: Computers    Category: Software   

I am Using Dell laptop with Windows 7 OS for the past 3 years. I am getting pop up-window showing error as "Bluetooth software license file not found.[2]". I am facing issue with Data-card connection alone as:-device is already in process" not connected status error. how can I resolve this issue?
Note:- I can connect that data-card in other system without any connectivity issue. I have a problem only when connected to the laptop.
Experts: do resolve this issue.

Searching for a solution to Bluetooth issue on Windows OS? Find responses from experts here, on this page.

Author: [Anonymous]    25 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

I am also using dell laptop. In my laptop, this is working properly and when I used data card no problem I found.
Here you didn't mention your laptop model. From starting itself it is not supporting or when you start using dongle then only it will starts working suddenly? Your question is not clearly.

First of all, check whether your laptop model supports Bluetooth or not.
For this, go the below URL and enter the service code or service tag which you have for your laptop.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/Products/
Here you can find whether your laptop supports or not.

If it supports, try this process.
Uninstall Bluetooth software completely from your laptop and if you are using dongle then that software too. I mean uninstall both the software's and reboot the system.

Now, go to the official dell website and download the Bluetooth software from the dell website through your laptop. Go to the location of the folder in which drive you have saved. Now, install the software from that place only. May be this will resolve your issue.

Even though, if it is not working then use backup and save all your content. Uninstall all the software's from the laptop. I mean clean it everything and reload windows again, install all the software's one by one accordingly. It works perfectly.

Author: Mahesh    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

This problem happens if the certificate for Bluetooth is either corrupted. Most of the time this issue can be resolved by reloading or reinstalling the driver. Most of the laptops have released their own drivers for the Bluetooth. So go to the Dell website and find the driver for your laptop. And from there you can easily install the latest Bluetooth driver.

In the mean time you can reinstall the existing driver with the generic driver of Windows. The generic driver will do minimum functions. But you can get to use the Bluetooth with generic driver. I suggest using the official driver as soon as possible. Go to dell driver site, find the machine and number and then download the driver.

Author: Timmappa Kamat    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Such issues are created when the driver file of your bluetooth adapter is corrupted or developed issues. The best way to resolve such problems is to reinstall the driver.
Instead of searching for the driver from the Windows update, or trying to reinstall from the Microsoft end - I would advice you to go to the Dell website and search for the drivers from there.
Most of the laptop manufacturers have their own versions of the drivers and it would be wiser to use those itself.

Since you have not specified the model number of your laptop, I would direct you to the official support page of dell India.

Here goes the link - http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/Products
You can let the site detect your device and install the required drivers. Or else, you may manually find the driver on the support site and install the required driver.

If the driver from the official support page fails to install or results in error of any sort, kindly delete the current driver either from Control Panel or device manager before installing the new driver.

Author: saket kumar    19 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Bluetooth not working in Windows
1] Update your Bluetooth drivers. This in most cases, helps resolve the issue.

2] For Bluetooth to work, the Bluetooth, Bluetooth Device Monitor, Bluetooth OBEX Service and the Bluetooth Support Services have to be running properly, so check if they are started and running. To do so, Run services.msc. to open the Services Manager. Check if they are set to Automatic (delayed) and if the Service is started and running. If not click on the Start Service button to start the service. See if this helps.

3] See this post if your Bluetooth Mouse disconnects randomly.

4] This issue may also occur because of a problem in the PnPlayer. If you have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and after installing a Bluetooth adapter on the computer, you find that:

The Bluetooth Support Service cannot start after you restart the computer. Additionally, Bluetooth devices do not work correctly.
When you search for Bluetooth devices in Control Panel, the search operation may not finish. Additionally, you may notice that the progress bar seems to never finish and the pointer remains at an hourglass

Author: Saravanan    16 Aug 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

issue is with OS . I reinstalled dongle(airtel) and tried. error is already its in progress. previously it was working fine. suddenly I'm facing this issue. well, In other system dont face such issues with this dongle. its connecting without any constraints. issues is with OS it seems. blutooth its connecting properly with Wi-Fi device. except airtel(dongle). how come its possible to connect this same dongle with other system ? why not my laptop support this dongle suddenly as not as before.