Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Change of date of birth

Date: 26 Apr 2016   Posted By: FAYAZ A K     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

Myself Dr.Fayaz from Kerala. I have passed 10th at 2005. So as per my school certificate, my date of birth is 24th May 1990 which was mistakenly entered while enrolling to that school. For further studies and for work abroad I need passport and thus requires my D O B corrected as per birth certificate which is 24th Dec 1988. After contacting school about this issue they are not willing to take responsibility and take any actions for correcting the D.O.B. I didn't get any positive response from their side. The supreme court has ordered now that now CBSE can go on with the correction processes charging a fee from the applicant.What are the procedures to be done in this context for the change of D.O.B in my case.

Author: FAYAZ A K    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Author: Kailash Kumar    26 Apr 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Editors may please shift the thread to the Ask Expert section.

Author: Mahesh    29 Apr 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You have to get the new certificate. This way you can correct the mistake. The process will involve you getting the real documentation and the verification from notary or the district officer.

You can then apply to the 10th exam board or specific board where the mistake has happened in the certificate. Make a letter request explaining them about the date issues. And this should make your new certificate request in their office.

Usually such request take around 1 week to process. Make sure to get all the original and correct document checked. And get notarized with the checking on the changes. Also make sure you take bonafide certificate from school regarding this.