Ask Experts » Government » Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation »

Procedure for applying for date of birth certificate

Date: 27 Apr 2016   Posted By: vikas     Group: Government    Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation   

I am facing a problem regarding Birth Certificate. I don't have a birth certificate. My birth date is 17th September 1990. My birth date is not registered in the Municipal Corporation, so I want to apply for Birth Certificate but I do not know the procedure regarding it. I am a citizen of Haryana State, Jhajjar District. Please tell me the procedure regarding that.

Do not have a birth certificate and want to apply for it? Get expert guidance on the correct application procedure for obtaining a birth certificate.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In the state of Haryana, registration of birth is done under Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 and Registration of Births and Deaths Rule, 2002 by Municipal Corporation concerned. Normally registration is done within 21 days at the place of its occurrence. There are no well define rules and for late registration and submission of required documents and prescribed fee etc. However perhaps a birth can be registered even after 1 year of occurrence of birth on payment of late fee and issue of an order regarding the same by a Executive Magistrate nominated for the purpose by the SDO concerned. The author may visit the office of the Municipal Commissioner and find out the details from the concerned officials. He may also consult a local lawyer who deals with such issues.