Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

What to do for name mismatch in academic certificates and ID documents

Date: 27 Apr 2016    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I am going to appear for document verification process for a government job. My name is Anthuvan Jose Mary. I have the same name in all my academic related certificates including SSLC and degree certificate, whereas in my job application form, voter id card, pan card and ration card, it is given as Anthuvan Josemary (no space between Jose and Mary). Will this be a problem during document verification because of the space mismatch? if yes, how to resolve it? Please suggest what could be done if required to make the correction.

Worried that a name mismatch in academic certificates and ID documents will be a hindrance in getting a govt. job? Learn from experts if it would create a problem at the time of job document verification & if anything should be done to rectify it.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Variation in the name due to absence of a space between Jose and Mary in job application form, voter id card, pan card and ration card is a creation of the author himself.
It is likely that it may not cause any major problem during document verification procedure provided the attitude of the document verification official is positive and the author is not adopting a confrontational attitude with the official.
However there appears no justification for filling name in the application form differently than what given in the school certificate. It may be noted that the name means what is written in the school certificate until and unless it is legally and formally changed by adopting due procedure.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.