Ask Experts » Doctors » Dermatology »

Need advice for skin disease urticaria

Date: 28 Apr 2016    Group: Doctors    Category: Dermatology   

I am suffering skin disease urticaria from about last six months.

Last week I got my blood report for allergic test and it had IGE level 263.

What is the solution? Can you suggest suitable medicine?

Awaiting response.


Searching for a solution to urticaria skin disease? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Shagun Mehta    02 May 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

I suggest you to don't take medicine by asking online...
Meet with a Doctor and take medicine accordingly.

Author: Mahesh    02 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Considering you have diagnosed with urticaria. I suggest you to consult with skin specialist and the other skin experts. This looks like issue with allergy as well as some changes in your body. So better not take any suggestion from online forums and experts.

You have to get it treated from offline by meeting the experts. The reason for that is, the case is very sensitive. And medicine on such case can be only given if one can check the symptoms.

Meet the skin specialist doctor and get yourself treated. Avoid ayurvedic treatment or any online placebo treatments.

Author: Amit Siwach    06 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Urticaria is a skin disease which is commonly known as Hives. Diagnosis of this require consultation of good allergist which require skin tests, blood test as well as urine test. Also proper medication with extensive cleanliness is suggested.

Please consult best allergist in your area and take medicine as advised. You should not take this as granted just by asking here and there. Every field has its expert and your illness require best in class. I believe you might have consulted with some physicians in your area who asked you for blood test. This will be good if you go for skin expert with best knowledge of your disease.

Please be advised this can be severe if not dealt in earlier stage. Do not panic and consult a best allergist in your area.

Author: Juana    23 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 7  (Rs 7)    Voting Score: 0

Medical terms in general appear scary to the common man, but worry not urticaria commonly known as hives, is nothing but an allergic reaction. The IgE blood test that you took indicates that you are allergic to certain substances. You need to check with the laboratory, what these allergens are or go for a specific test where allergens can be identified.

People who suffer from allergies have an immune system that reacts to things that most people find harmless. The immune system releases a chemical named histamine, into the blood stream when the body comes into contact with allergy causing agents. Histamines can cause the eyes to burn, nose to itch and run, affects the lungs and causes wheezing and asthmatic attacks, creates havoc in the gastrointestinal tract causing loose motion, flatulence and Irritable bowel syndrome as well as develop skin rashes.

Different people can be allergic to different things in the environment. However, the most common allergens are –
1. Smoke from cigarettes, firewood, incense, aggarbatti etc
2. Pollen
3. Dust mites
4. Mildew, mold and fungus
5. Animal dander – especially from cats
6. Foods such as seafood, nuts, eggs and milk
7. Medication – penicillin in particular
8. Cockroaches and creatures from the rodent family
9. Synthetic materials
10. Perfumes and a lot of other things

What you need to do -
1. You need to identify items that you are allergic to and avoid them
2. Read labels on food items to check that they do not include items that you are allergic to
3. Keep anti-histamine medication (avil/citrizine) handy and pop a tablet the minute you feel an allergy setting in
4. If your allergies are severe ask your doctor about the epinephrine injection (EpiPen) that you can use during emergencies

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Read related posts: Sea    

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.