Eligibility for MBA after changing stream

Date: 29 Apr 2016   Posted By: Rohit Biswas     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am 24 year old boy studying BCom 3rd year since the past 5 years. I have a 2 year loss.
My aim in life is to do MBA and work in top multinational company in a top post. To study MBA I need 50% marks in graduation but I cannot score it.
Now I am thinking to change my stream and study BCA and then qualify for admission to MBA.
At the age of 27, will I be eligible to apply for MBA? Will there be any problem to get placement? Is this plan relevant or should I proceed in a different way?
Awaiting advice.

Planning to change stream to do MBA? Wondering whether it is possible to do so? On this Ask Expert page, you will get all the advice you are looking for.

Author: sailakshmi    04 May 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

First try for admission in local colleges definitely you will get an admission in some college in a management quota .Studying again in degree is not a good idea. Time is very precious, again if you are not scored well in BCA what will you you do??Again you will change into another stream again you will study. Try to work hard you are in 3rd year you had a chance to get good marks. My only advice is to dont waste time and money

Author: Mahesh    04 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

MBA requires you to get graduation in any stream. However specialty MBA requires degree in specific stream. Generic MBA can be of any streams graduation. So you are pretty much eligible for most streams with BCA degree.

Another query of yours is regarding age for MBA. There is no age criteria for MBA. You can do it at any age. All you have to do is pass the entrance test like any other candidate. And you have to get the job using campus placement like most candidates do.