MBA after Changing of stream to B Com to BCA

Date: 29 Apr 2016   Posted By: Rohit Biswas     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

am Rohit Biswas , 24 year old currently studying in B Com 3rd year and I am studying in B Com for 5 years. I have 2 year loss , I have an aim in life to study MBA but to study MBA I need 50% marks in graduation which I can't afford from B Com , so I am thinking to change my stream to BCA , and get the proper marks for MBA. May be BCA is easier than B Com. My question is after doing B Com and then migrating to BCA and then apply for MBA is it a good idea ? And is there going to any problem to get placement for my age and long term graduation ?

Really confused it seems. Interested in MBA but finding difficult to score the minimum required marks in B Com. Just check out what the ISC experts suggest for you.

Author: sathish chandrasekaran    03 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Rohit,

You have not mentioned what is your overall percentage earned in B.Com. Since you are in third year, I would advice you to complete it. You shifting from B.Com to BCA at this stage does not sound right to me. You would be 30 by the time you complete MBA and it is lot of life gone. Complete B.Com with whatever percentage you get. There is sufficient time to boost your percentage if you focus on B.com this year and boost your average. Then there are many colleges that takes you in MBA with less than 50% also and all you need is to pay an additional management quota fee. This management quota fee is collected in only some big colleges where as most colleges are happy to take any graduate into MBA program. So do not worry about percentages, just give your best in B.com and then you will easily make into MBA colleges.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    05 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Rohit,
I don't approve of your planning for which you are interested. How can take you granted that BCA is relatively easier than your present continuance of B.Com. Of all the parameters, you should consider the total time - span which would be involved in completion of BCA and then opting for your MBA degree. In that case, you need additional three years to complete the BCA degree and supposing that you would like to have the Management - degree from some prestigious Institute like IIM or from Xavier Institute, additional time would be required to crack the written tests for these Institutes. So, this cannot be said to be a pragmatic approach.
What is needed at this moment is the prudent exercise of time - management and a total devotion to your studies so that you can secure respectable marks in B.Com. In case, you feel some guidance is required to wipe out any doubt relating to your course, you may take the help of your professors by attending tuitions -classes provided by them.
To be a little bit cautious at this stage would certainly offer you a great dividend.