Ask Experts » Opinion About » Electronic Items »

Doubt about incoming whatsapp messages.

Date: 29 Apr 2016   Posted By: Venkiteswaran.     Group: Opinion About    Category: Electronic Items   

It is normal to receive messages in their chronological order. However nowadays I am seeing some thing unusual in some of the messages received in WhatsApp group.

I am getting the comments and responses given by the group members first. Sometimes I get the original messages(images or audio) later. Sometimes I do not get them and I am left to wonder what the comments are all about. Is it because of some wrong settings in my WhatsApp settings or do I need to make some new settings? Or,can someone in the group block another particular member from seeing his messages?

Is it experienced by others? Please answer.

Is there any modus operandi to get the WhatsApp messages in a chronological order? Find out from our Experts to share their experience here.

Author: Mahesh    03 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Whatsapp messages arrive on the basis of the internet connectivity and the time of message being sent. So this happens that the order of messages often get crossed.

So the message that is small and requires less internet speed gets posted first and the one with more bandwidth arrives later. And this happens when you have audio, video or the image files posted. Some of the time the message also get filtered based on files names.

The order of message processing and the messages being received is decided by the whatsapp server that sends it. They don't have the storage so the temporary message storage is cleared as the messages are processed. So this sort of issues appear with the WhatsApp or even with Telegram.

Author: sathish chandrasekaran    03 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The image or video size is bigger than text size. Therefore, for you to receive them in the same sequence means you should have good internet connection, faster mobile ram or free memory space. If you mobile is slow then the messages are received at random sequence. These may be the two possible reasons why you are facing this issue. Hope this helps

Author: Timmappa Kamat    03 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It definitely has something to do with your internet speed. WhatsApp has no settings to alter those incoming messages. The messages do arrive as they are sent exactly in the chronological order. Even when you receive a video, image or audio file it is arranged in the chronological order itself. However, they will not get downloaded.

Even the slower mobile device can cause such issues. Try clearing up some of the trash from your smartphone. In a practical sense, the chronological order should not be disturbed. If it is happening - it is either an issue with your phone or your internet speed.