Ask Experts » Computers » Networking »

Matter vanishing and lost while typing in Forum posts and logged in

Date: 01 May 2016   Posted By: Venkiteswaran.     Group: Computers    Category: Networking   

Generally I post in ISC forum typing in the relevant box and logged in. However once in a while in the middle of typing, I lose the entire matter typed and the box becomes erased of all that I have typed. This happened many times, but not with any pattern or regularity.
I presume that inadvertently I may be hitting on some key or combinations which form some command and that is why it happens.
Why does this happen? What is the way to recover the matter lost?(Of course, I know the ideal alternative is to type in MS Word and save). I am using a Windows 10 desktop PC.
Experts: do respond.

Is your matter lost when you type in forum posts in ISC? Experts shall provide you a solution on this page.

Author: Mahesh    02 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Form content loss happens due to the server issues or the browser issues. And often this happens if the server is facing problems with persistent connection. This is quite common and happens for various reasons. Often the issues can be solved with server upgrade or the browser upgrade. But not all the time are issue still the same.

You can save your typed content using the browser add-on called "Lazarus". This add on can be installed on Chrome and Firefox browser. You just have to install the add on and type and post things normally. When the browser gets crashed, the lazarus keeps track of the crashes and recovers the text content. Lazarus remembers the exact content that you typed and it gives you option to recover it.

That being said, you can also keep the copy of messages that you're posting on some text field. And this should also help you have a backup. There are many other recovery add ons of the browser and you can use them to get the content back.

Author: sathish chandrasekaran    02 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Venkateswaran

I too had faced such issues. Normally it happens when you are logged in for too long. The browser automatically refreshes and goes to login page. In such cases what I do is to press the back button immediately to recover the messages typed so far intact. Another suggestion would be to keep a word format open and start typing in that if your content is longer to ensure data safety. At times, we may have logged in from desktop and simultaneously open ISC in mobile. In that case, the current session may get closed. Hope this answers your query.