Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Can I able to write both AIPMT and NEET?

Date: 01 May 2016   Posted By: Aryajith N G     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have completed my plus two in biology and had attended the medical entrance exam conducted by my states' government. But the Supreme Court order which had recently came says that, all those exams conducted by the state governments are been cancelled and for admission to medicine the student should have to write NEET or AIPMT exam. I have already attended the AIPMT exam which had conducted on May 1, 2016. I am also interested to write NEET exam on July 24, 2016. But some of friends are saying the the person who had already attended the AIPMT exam cannot apply for NEET exam. Is this true? Could I able to write both AIPMT and NEET? Can anyone help me by giving a detailed clarification for my doubt?

Wants to know whether one can apply for AIMPT and NEET concurrently. Here are the views offered by our experts.

Author: [Anonymous]    03 May 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you can appear for AIPMT and NEET if you have attended your state level Medical Entrance tests. The only thing which matters is whether you have submitted your application form before due date or not.

There are many private colleges offering admission even without entrance tests.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    03 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Just to facilitate the admission procedure in medical, the Government was seriously thinking one pattern for inducting students in the medical - course through a single medical - test and this led to emergence of NEET test.
To appear in the NEET test would serve dual functions - firstly, the aspirants need not appear different tests such as CBSE (Medical), AFMC, JIPMER or any other medical - tests thereby saving time and secondly they could avert multiple harassment as a result of approaching different Examination - centres. In that way, they can save money as well by curtailing unnecessary expenditure.
Of course, NEET is at a nascent stage at this moment and its resultant benifit can be felt after some time. Let us hope that the new system should be benificial for the aspirants for which it has been designed.
Till no notification is forthcoming from the side of authorities, you can appear on both the tests ie AIPMT and NEET.

Author: Syed Sajjad Hossen    06 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

AIPMT and NEET are two different entrance examination. And you can seat for both the exams. The AIPMT 2016 exam already held on 1st May and the NEET 2nd Phase will be held on 24th July. If you apply for NEET 2nd phase exam will can seta for this exam also. Although both AIPMT and NEET are the entrance test for admission on medical course, you can seat for both the exams.