Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Failure to supply Indane Gas properly

Date: 02 May 2016    Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

On 23.2.2015 I had taken an Indane gas connection. Then on 9.9.2015 I had applied and got a double cylinder. Since then I have been booking Indane gas when required and getting home delivery as usual. But suddenly some nuisance is being created by the distributor who is in charge of delivering my gas.

I booked for refilling my cylinder on 11.4.16. After that I got an SMS informing me of my refill booking number. Then after a few days cash memo was also generated for that refill booking number and was informed to me through SMS. But ultimately gas was not delivered and I was informed through an SMS that my booking was cancelled.

Then I went to that distributor's office and they told that the delivery boy failed to contact me and told me to book the gas again. Accordingly I booked the gas again on 20.4.16. Again I got the 1st SMS informing of the refill booking number and 2nd SMS informing of the cash memo number. Again the same scenario took place. i.e., my booking was cancelled. I booked the gas 3rd time on 28.4.16.

I am getting victimized due to mischievous treatment of this INDANE LPG gas distributor. Where can I lodge a complaint against this distributor so that I get proper treatment regarding my LPG gas supply as before.

Having a problem with supply of Indane gas? Wondering where to complain? On this Ask Expert page, you will find all information you are looking for.

Author: Pawan Kumar    02 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

toll-free number for queries, suggestions or complaints 1800-2333-555

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author may visit the website indane.co.in, the LPG wing of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. which is a PSU company. Toll free number - 18002333555 can be used for registering complaints, if any. Also a system of online booking has also been provided and the details are provided on the said website. Contact details of Indane Area Offices are also given on the website. Generally the name and phone numbers of the concerned Indane manager is displayed at the LPG distributors show room also. However it is advisable to first try to sort out the problem through mutual discussions prior to going for complaint route.

Author: [Anonymous]    02 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Same like happened in my home also previously. Later we knew that my cylinder which was refilled, that will be sold out to another person (I think this may be called as block like we saw in movie theatres). Sometimes, they used to say out of stock and other times even I saw the cylinder auto while going through my eyes I have seen that they are selling refilled cylinders to the hotels, restaurants, car owners (they may run the car with gas I think) etc. Actually, I gather information in my hometown.

Another interesting thing here is: I booked for refilling my cylinder supposes 2 days before. Then they used to say within 2-3 days we are delivering. So I have used this trick. Generally, for 2-3 days cylinder auto will go through my lane. I checked and noted down the delivery timings of cylinder. One day (after booking the gas), we caught that guy and forced to deliver the gas and at the same time we called to the distributor without knowing him. And said: all the happenings about gas delivery. Within 2-3 minutes we got an SMS like it was cancelled. We said to the distributor about cancelling. So, he replied us to book refilling the gas again. We did so. On the spot, he delivered the gas and take payment by hand.

Generally, they used to sell the gas outside for high amount may be more than 1000 rupees. They will not deliver gas cylinders mainly in the name of we couldn't find the address. If our gas was not delivered successfully then the chances are more to cancel the gas connection. That is the trick they used to follow.

It is like when we go for online reservation ticket booking for the railways, they used some special software which we are not aware about that and they used to sell the tickets for high amount. They first preferred to those members and later on to us and there are many chances to cancel the ticket reservation even in the case of successful reservation.

I think, here also the same thing was following. That's why we are getting the messages on the spot.
Actually, to be frank, we cannot do anything in such situation even if we go for a complaint until and unless we have a support from persons, either manual or moral.

Author: [Anonymous]    06 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Hi ISCian friends! Thank you all for giving me prompt answers. It came to lots of help for me.

This problem had been so acute that I was, so to say, forced to take your help. Now I am quite grateful with all of you that my problem has been resolved and that the gas cylinder has been delivered at my home as usual.