Ask Experts » Education » Study Abroad »

What is the procedure of doing postgraduate courses in dental sciences in US?

Date: 03 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: Study Abroad   

After completing BDS in India, in case a student want to do postgraduate course in dental sciences in USA, then what procedure will have to be adopted for getting admission? Also for the purpose of doing practice in US, what type of courses will have to be completed?
Experts: do advice.

Looking out for pursuing PG in Dental Sciences? Find career guidance from experts on this page.

Author: sailakshmi    04 May 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Dentistry in USA is a good option . In order to do your Post Graduation in USA you have to clear the NBDE-National Board Dentistry Examination. This exam helps you to do practice in Dentistry in us. For this you can check the American Dental Association Website for more details. After this you have to clear IELTS/ TOEFL. While going for the next step i.e., interview session you should have three recommendation letters , IELTS/TOEFL score card and your curricular or academic certiifcates. If you clear this interview you will get admission

Author: Pawan Kumar    04 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

First Obtain Dental Personal Identification Number (Dentpin) from ADA. After Dentpin payment process starts with forwarding application to ADA or registration for NBDE part-I. Then book a date for your NBDE Part-1 exam. Apply for eligibility certificate evaluation. You will get your confirmation email and application number from ADA within few weeks. Then take date for Visitor visa interview at the embassy near you. You need to take exam date before visa interview so that you can show them a proof that you are going for exam and would be back after that. Sit for the exam in the USA.

Author: Mahesh    06 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Here are some of the exams you need to pass before you proceed for the higher education.

3. SAT
4. NBDE-1 Exam

These are the set of exams you need to clear before approaching any US based university. Same exams results can be used for UK as well but you may require additional exams to pass in such case.

After successfully completing the exams with decent score you can then approach for the student visa. And from there you can go ahead and apply for the universities at the same time. Once any university accepts the application you can then take the visitor visa interview.

The process in this order before moving to the US for higher education.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Read related posts: Study in USA    Study Abroad    Study Abroad Scholarships    

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.