|Author: Kailash Kumar 04 May 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
The author may consider pursuing MCA course offered by School of Computer and Information Sciences of IGNOU in distance learning mode without leaving his present job.
The minimum and maximum duration of the course if 3 years and 6 years respectively. The eligibility criteria for the course is any bachelor degree of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized University with mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level or graduation level.
Option of completing BCA course offered by IGNOU is also available.
Last date for submission of application is 3rd week of August, 2016 and with late fee of Rs.300, the last date is 4th week of August, 2016.
Application form can be downloaded from the website of IGNOU - www.ignou.ac.in.
Detailed procedure, information and prospectus can also be seen on said website.
|Author: Mahesh 04 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
If you are switching for the reasons for financial growth then here is realistic view on what to expect in IT industry.
1. Programming : Fast growth, lot of hardwork. And the industry growth is dependent on the type of programming language you choose. For example Java and .NET have better financial growth prospects than PHP.
2. Networking : It is slow growth but financially consistent. Depending on the type of networking job you get it can be even more better than regular programming jobs.
3. Testing : It doesn't get easier in earlier years. You need atleast 5 years of experience to make decent money from testing. Initial salaries of tester are low but after 5 years or more experience the value in industry grows more. It's another hard working field like programming.
4. Tech support : It doesn't have much financial growth but you get 30-70 K per month once established. Job can be day or night shift depending on the company. The jobs either involves voice or the regular desk job feature.
5. Voice : You can call it call center or BPO. And some KPO can be mix of voice and data entry. So this is slow growth industry but pays eventually once you get enough experience.
6. Backoffice : These jobs include data entry, sales, reception, logistics and operations jobs. They may not be paying much but they are good job to get you off the financial slumber.
Depending on your interest you can choose the job that fits your liking and immediate available opportunity.
|Author: Balamuralikrishna S 07 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
If you are planning for switching your career to IT. Easy way to start with is learning web technologies like HTML5, CSS3, Java Script along with JAVA or .net. Along with all this learn how to work with databases like MySql, MSSQL etc. You can find plenty of tutorials online for this technologies. For free tutorials you can also refer https://thenewboston.com/videos.php. You can easily grab a job in any web development company or application development companies with the above skill set. Later on you can learn Android or IOS development if programming interests you.
Initially learning technologies like SAP is not advisable as it incurs so much money. Also to learn SAP ECC, CRM or any other modules having functional knowledge in the particular area is important. Learning Data warehousing tools like SAP BW, SAP BO, IBM Cognos, Informatica is also a good option but getting a job opening for fresher is difficult for this technologies.
Testing is another area where deep understanding of programming languages is not necessary. But growth prospects is higher as a programmer than being a software tester.
|Author: Raja 01 Jun 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Since your job is associated with installation, Networking would be easy as Networking field also requires knowledge about the installations and has got computer Network Installations. Basic Networking skills require installation of Operating system on a computer,Cable Gripping, Installation of Routers, Modems,
Cabling for LAN's(Local Area Network)
If you are interested in Networking the best course to choose for is the 'CISCO Certifications' for Networking along with the Operating system installations like 'Red hat Linux', and 'Microsoft Windows'. You can even take MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) Certification to boost your pay scale in the IT industry.
Programming requires Aptitude and Analytical and Quantitative, Problem Solving(Mathematical Skills) to calculate
the depth of programming. These are also required for clearing the Interview.
The name of the book is "Quantitative Aptitude" by
Dr. R. S. AGGARWAL.
one of the book for starters for Aptitude. Best book for starters.
These are the programming skills you requires to work as a web developer - C#( C Sharp),VB.NET, ASP.NET. along with Databases MySQL,SQL ,ORACLE.
Web Page Designing requires programming knowledge in HTML, HTML5, CSS(Cascading Style Sheet), PHP ,ASP along with the Scripting language Java Script or VB Script.
The easy way of starting to learn programming is HTML, you can learn easily within a month and do programming, you can do online coding and output can also be viewed in www.W3schools.com. This will guide you step by step in webpage designing.