Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Which is better between BE and AMIE?

Date: 04 May 2016   Posted By: Bapuji NGM     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have finished my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in 2013 and I started working thereafter in a well known company. Now I am planning to pursue my higher education while working.

However, I am in confusion about the future point of view. Which option is the best one between BE and AMIE?

Unsure whether to pursue BE or AMIE after completing your engineering diploma program? With expert guidance you can select the better option.

Author: A.R.Mahendran    07 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

There are universities providing part time B.E courses. By continuing your current job, you can pursue your B.E degree in part time mode.

So, best choice is to choose B.E.

All the best...

Author: Mahesh    10 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

BE and AMIE & IETE, all of them have value and demand in the market. The AMIE and IETE based courses are done by the working professionals who can't enroll themselves into the regular BE course. I'd say for them that certificate is very valuable. In such case the value they get is same as the BE course which is done on regular basis.

BE is better compared to these courses for many reasons.

1. You get hands on training on some concepts.
2. You get campus placement chances if your track record is good.
3. You get an option to do internship with the help of college reference.
4. BE course is easy to explain for and get documentation to support if you're interested in MTech.

So I'd say if you have a chance then go for the BE or BTECH.