|Author: Pawan Kumar 07 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
App development charge depends on the hourly rate of freelancer or company. It won't cost you anything if you develop an app by yourself. You just required some tools.
|Author: [Anonymous] 09 May 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 0 Voting Score: 0|
Thanks Pawan for reply. But some company asks lakhs of rupees and very few single / individual developer asks few thousand rupees, that's why got some confusion. Let me wait for some more replies from the expert before I conclude it.
|Author: Balamuralikrishna S 09 May 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 7 (Rs 7) Voting Score: 0|
The cost of developing any application involves time and money based on the complexity of the application/software. Most of the companies calculate cost of any software based on the number of man hours need to build the software and technical infrastructure(Cloud infra, hosting charges etc.)
Just building a software tool to store few data is not a great idea unless the minimal data you store is highly important. We have tools like google keep(mostly notes & remainders), Google sheets(Similar to excel where you can store structured data). Aforesaid tools are free of cost for personal use.
Mostly one prefer to build any software should have a proper purpose or problem to fulfill or solve/overcome it. Enterprise software are process driven and complex. If you prefer to use a software or mobile app to satisfy your simple need you have tools online to build mobile apps free of cost with some limitations.
1. We are connected with internet and smart phones these days so storing to any central repository is handy and easy.
2. If you use excel or any other tools to store data the file may get harm or corrupted
by virus or hardware breakdown. The same can be eliminated by using software build and hosted with proper architecture.
3. Any process oriented tool or software will help to impart discipline in users. (This involves considerable money for training the software if it is an enterprise level application)
4. Any calculations or business logic can be implemented with in the software which can reduce enormous amount of time and pain involved in our day to day activities.
5. Proper database architecture in any software will help to do extensive reporting as it stores data in structured format.
6. High volume of data can be stored.
1. Not everyone can do programming and create any software we need skilled developer to make changes or update.
2. Building any valuable software is time consuming.
3. Other than license cost , buying hosting or cloud infrastructure is mandatory and increases cost of owning any software.
4. Includes hidden costs like Annual maintenance cost, renewal cost etc.
5. Complex software consume more time to get the user trained.
Reference: Check http://www.appypie.com/ (Free mobile app maker).
|Author: Mahesh 10 May 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
There are many app and tools that can help you do this. For example some of the apps have creator feature on the web. And then the cost of the app will be dependent on the features.
The cost of the app is dependent on which development company or the person is making this. The hourly charge differs based on that too. Database tool based apps can be designed the same way as well. And the cost of that app often gets low and high based on the complexity of the app.
Complexity of the app decides the cost. I'd say regular maintenance cost and the complexity is what decides the price.