Ask Experts » Education » Exam Questions »

Regarding drawing an upperline in Hindi in 10th board exams

Date: 05 May 2016    Group: Education    Category: Exam Questions   

What will happen if I don't draw an upperline in Hindi in 10th board exams?
How many marks will be cut?
I am tensed since I have already written the paper.

Is it necessary to draw line in Hindi script? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    07 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

It primarily depends on the opinion of the answer sheet evaluator, instead of any other individual. As far as I can see, there is no well defined rules regarding deducting marks for missing upper line on Hindi words and sentences. Moreover since the examination is already written, there is no gain in speculating over the possible outcome. It is better to wait and watch till the mark sheet is obtained.

Author: Pawan Kumar    08 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, It is necessary to draw upperline in Hindi script. That upperline is called 'Shirorekha'. If you don't draw an upperline It is sure that you will lose some marks. It is depend on the paper checker how many marks he cuts. Wait and watch what happens.