Father's name mismatch in certificates

Date: 05 May 2016   Posted By: tarakaSairam     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

There is spelling mistake in my father's name in one of my my certificates. Will there be any problem in getting a govt job posting?
Experts: do guide me and suggest how to resolve this issue.

Having a spelling mistake in name in educational certificate? Find advice from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    07 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It depends on the degree of variations in the documents. In case it is only a minor variation like in the case of 's' and 'sh', then it may not matter much. It depends up to a large extent on the attitude of the document variation official also. However, it is advisable to take all the original documents to a lawyer and consult him. In case so advised, a notarized affidavit may be got prepared, but the dame should be produced to the official only when asked for the same, instead of showing the same voluntary without asking.