Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

About spelling mistake in documents

Date: 07 May 2016   Posted By: kapil landge     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

My name is spelt differently in SSC and HSC documents as compared to the name in degree marksheets.
Now I am preparing for UPSC and State services and I am worried about the interview. Will I get rejected because of the name issue? Is there any solution to resolve this situation?
Awaiting earnest response.

Having a issue with name mismatch in certificates? Worried out government job interview? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    07 May 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The name mentioned in SSC certificate should be taken as the main or base name and the same should only be filled in all applications. Many organizations mentions so also under the instructions for filling online applications. After that the degree of variations in other documents should be evaluated. In case it is only a minor variation like in the case of 's' and 'sh', then it may not matter much. It depends up to a large extent on the attitude of the document variation official also. However, it is advisable to take all the original documents to a lawyer and consult him. In case so advised, a notarized affidavit may be got prepared, but the dame should be produced to the official only when asked for the same, instead of showing the same voluntary without asking.

Author: Syed Sajjad Hossen    08 May 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Wrong spelling of name in any educational certificate can create problems at the time of interview. You say that your name is wrongly spelled on your educational certificate. You not mentioned on which certificate it is wrongly spelled. My advice is make the correction as soon as possible for avoid any problem. Visit the Board or council from where you passed out and collect the application form for correction. Fill up the application form correctly. Attach Amy supportive document with the application form and pay the application fees. Submit the filled form on the office. A duplicate certificate will be issued with the correction on your favor. It will take 15 to 20 days.

You can also make an affidavit for your certificates, that the wrong spelling person and the right spelling person and same. This can be use at the time of emergency until you receive the correction copy from board or council.

Author: Pawan Kumar    09 May 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Friend
First of all when you received your mark sheet you should have checked it. Now You just need to make two affidavits stating the mistake in your name and apply to individual institutions / Board / University with following documents copy of birth certificate (attested), copy of certificates (attested) and affidavit. Or if you want to change your name first you need to make an affidavit. Then request the office of birth and death to reissue a birth certificate. Then publish advertisement announcing your name change in two local newspapers and publish a advertisement of your name change in official gazette of your respective state. They will advise you to fill out the form and your correct spelling could be recorded in their files. You can request for issue of new certificates in the correct name.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.